lucky score..Stihl 084

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forggot to mension the local stihl dealer also had a few striped down 084s in boxes vince ...didnt have time to check what he had or condition... will hit him up in coming weeks to see

I have had 5 084's suck the base gasket in but only ever on the clutch side i think it may be a common issue...

I have had 5 084's suck the base gasket in but only ever on the clutch side i think it may be a common issue...

wow that's weird. would say one of the faces arn't flat or not torqued down enough. or very blocked air filters therefore creating a higher than normal vacuum on the crankcase.? maybe gasket goo on both sides of the gasket may hold them better.?

I use 3-Bond to seal the jugs . You can use Honda Bond , Yama Bond and others like that . I never use a gasket unless the squish is to tight . Never had one fail , been a lot of them now ! LOL I also always let it set over night or longer just to be sure .

ok.. will look into what i can get locally.. i have been just winging it with nuffin.. well at least running a stone or a file to make sure there is flatness first.

hey mate if ya need some parts ive got some ive got a crank here and a good jug possibly a muffler

Just a little progress report. Old crank is out.

2nd hand crank in. Along with new bearings and seals. Boy is she tight!![emoji15]

New muffler front cover fabed up and fitted a nice louver panel off a 090. She is gunna be loud![emoji16]

not the prettiest thing getting around, but it will work well. the front panel is 1/8" stainless steel.

Back