Mac Spikes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
locustslayer - 50041 is the brace or lower handle, provides extra support for the handle and airbox.

Not sure about the older numbers but the later numbers for the spike kits were 61330 for the 5 tooth and 61332 for the 4 tooth. I think Bob Johnson still has some NOS 5 tooth kits (607 638 9297).

I have a few of each as well, could be had for a price.

Archie - my IPL's show both the 1-45 and 1-46 with bearings in the piston, haven't had either of mine down that far to verify if they are really built that way or not.

Mark

oops.......there were 2 exceptions

1-40,41,42 & 43 all no bearings

1-45,46,51,52,53 all bearings

A lot of this stuff is from memory from working on them way back.....and getting yelled at as the "kid" with all the old techs......one of the guys looked EXACTLY like the guy in the tech notes complete with the cigar and hat.

I believe the brace they are speaking of is the brace from under the saw extending to the rear handle.. If the lower brace is not present it is common to break the rear handle off when bucking with the spikes do to the pulling upward on the handle..

Rick

It all makes sense now...Thanks

Where are you in N.C.? If they are the same as an I-41 I can hook you up.

Last edited:
I am in northwest N.C., let me know. Thanks!

Give me your addy and I'll send it to you, if it works, send me $20, if not send it back or if you can drive to greenville, I'll give it to you.

Latest posts

Back