Mac Timber Bear(?) Hard Starting Need Advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KATO

ArboristSite Lurker
OBTW, KATO,

yes what you have is a Timber Bear, 55cc engine saw. I have one of those too.... still finishing a few things on it but compresson is good so it should be a runner.Mine is a 60013416

but yours being a Reconditioned one, they may have added the dash number or whatever. Looks clean !

Edit..... it may be an Eager Beaver 3.4 ---- I'm still trying to figure out all these Mac names and numbers!

Thanks for that.....a little confusing, it looked new when I bought it and only used it 2 or 3x.

RED-85-Z51

RED-85-Z51

Addicted to ArboristSite
I run 70:1 on mine with 0 oiler leaks and a new oiler and it still smokes more than most of my other saws. Drinks like an FSU frat boy too. Starts on 3 pulls every time

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

jp233

jp233

ArboristSite Operative
Yeah I was going to say, I sure didn't cut very much with the PM-610 and it sure sucked down the fuel!

RED-85-Z51

RED-85-Z51

Addicted to ArboristSite
I filled mine up and got to noodle 3 oak logs in half and it was pretty much out. Small tank and a big appetite. Realistically it needs a quart fuel tank

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

farmguywithasaw

farmguywithasaw

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
On my Mini-Macs, I simply drain the bar oil out when I'm not using them to avoid the puddle of oil from the oil line leaking. If you are getting oil into your crankcase you could try doing this when the saw sits.
I found that out with it sitting on my bench with a full tank of oil lol

KATO

ArboristSite Lurker
I found that out with it sitting on my bench with a full tank of oil lol

I usually try and empty the fuel before storage...when I remember, but not the oil. I put rags under the saws, not great to have oil soaked rags laying around. I wonder if the newer saws do that too?
My Mini was another hard starter....

MacAttack

MacAttack

I love the smell of 2-stroke
. AS Supporting Member.
I am now...LOL Why were they designed to leak oil, to release pressure? Why are your Mini Macs listed as dangerous, I have one too?
haha... I was kidding about them leaking oil like they were designed to, i meant "as if they were designed to", because they all leak!

My signature, lol.. a running theme on this site is that top-handle saws like Mini-Macs are very dangerous to use, especially one-handed, because of the location of your right hand which can make them more likely to kick-back. So being a smart-ass I've indicated in my signature line that they are dangerous, especially the one with no chainbrake.

Latest posts