Mahle vs Meteor - MS440/460 Hybrid Comparison Results

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm running a cheap-o Chinee kit on a 346, & it runs like a raped ape.

Is Oem better? Probably.

Did I save 5x the money not using Oem? Yup.

A lot of these Chinese manufactures are stepping up to the plate and making pretty good stuff. . . Hutzle comes to mind.

I've also seen a lot of Oem stuff that was more than disappointing for quality.

Meteor pistons with Caber rings are more than sufficient for the money given IMHO.

I have yet to have a ring failure too. And even then, it was trying out unnamed Chinee rings or kits.

I'm a made in the USA kind of guy. In fact, ya'll will see soon, as I'll be launching a product hopefully. *cross fingers*.

But making stuff here, or having something made here, is at the minimum 10x what it costs to find a broker/middle man -- & have stuff made in China.

Its easy to see why big manufactures choose China over domestic, because they can make more profit.

You guys do know that is the cylinder's dimensions and measurements are the same, they will run the same, right? All things being exactly the same and there will be no difference in performance. And I mean every measurement would have to be exactly the same, with no defects anywhere, made of the same materials.

Somewhere, the OEM and AM jugs measurements would have to be different, which is possible. Small engines have even tighter clearances than larger engines and even an unmeasurable difference could affect the way the chainsaw performs.

But what do I know? I'm just an engineer.
Nope...
We don't know any of those things.
We're just stupid chainsaw hacks...

Back