making of a pipe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a huge statement that many will read right over with zero real thought.

The same is true for all the "two stroke tuning guides" that have been written. These books were written around motorcycle engines with longer strokes, larger carbs, tuned pipes, changeable gears, and in many cases reed valves. WTF is that book gonna tell you about a saw engine that you can use without manipulating it to account for the differences in design?

Yes they will, but I read him loud and clear!!!
Trial and error,, and lots of testing!!!! until he gets it right!!!!!

JMHO It appears he is very close!!! and stuff... lots and lots of testing

My buddy that drag boat races does a lot of the same sort of stuff,,, with pretty much the same methodology,,, BTW we were third @ Jasper ODBA World finals this year, and a dude we build engines for was first last year....

The same is true for all the "two stroke tuning guides" that have been written. These books were written around motorcycle engines with longer strokes, larger carbs, tuned pipes, changeable gears, and in many cases reed valves. WTF is that book gonna tell you about a saw engine that you can use without manipulating it to account for the differences in design?

Most books don't account for the tear flow factor.

keep in mind that the software is for dirt bikes and the like. I have to manipulate it to give me what I want.

a pipe will make any engine more efficient then on muffler, no matter what the port timing. but you won't get as mutch gain with lower durations.
Amen on that!....I had to learn the hard way..ie multiple pipes I had to build...the software does help but you have to make a few changes that you know work....in other words ....testing

At least the software gives you a good starting point though.

Latest posts

Back