Makita???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Careful there tiger... there are some small top handles and other small rear handles that were not made by Dolmar... IF the saw below was made in red I would know about it. Although to be fair there weren't many of these release to the US market.

ea3100t.jpg
Isn't that the th222 that is on the regular dolmar.de homepage? And yes quite often brands buy somewhere else to complete their portfolio instead of developing something brandnew. Like my Oleo Mac g250 is nothing else but a Zenoah g2500. But still the quality is definately there. They would NEVER tarnish there name by inferior quality! BTW my Oleo is "made in Italy" although genetically japanese.

Isn't that the th222 that is on the regular dolmar.de homepage? And yes quite often brands buy somewhere else to complete their portfolio instead of developing something brandnew. Like my Oleo Mac g250 is nothing else but a Zenoah g2600. But still the quality is definately there. They would NEVER tarnish there name by inferior quality! BTW my Oleo is "made in Italy" although genetically japanese.

Yea they have run plenty of cheap stuff through the Makita label from other people that I wouldn't buy. I realize all brands have that cheap low end stuff, but I wouldnt buy it.

And NO! The Dolmar 222 = Makita 230T

d47124d271f9e1bbc99cfb793ed8827f.jpg

Mere is my Makita (can't do much real work with it since it is only an electric saw . . . . . )

View attachment 495658
View attachment 495662

Sarcasm aside, it might be he best of many worlds: Makita electric motor; Dolmar chainsaw; Powersharp chain; survived hard use as a Home Depot rental tool before I adopted it.

Philbert
A member in a german thread has already cut over 80 chord of firewood with the sister model! So for me that speaks quit a clear language.

Actually after rechecking it looks a lot like the Zenoah g 2500. The choke lever is situated little different but that is all.
zenoah.jpg

It would be really odd if a current Makita turned out to be a rebranded Zenoah, as Zenoah is owned by Husky. Isn't Dolmar able to make the saws Makita wants to sell?

im having a hard time finding one in Canada period. There isn't one on kijiji for all of Canada haha. I'm sure I could order one in from the makita dealer but as far as trying to find a used one..... It'd be a needle in a haystack

I have had a couple of Makita (Yamabiko) 231t's for a couple of years. Bear in mind I have 201/200t's too and ms150, the 231t is my go-to top handle saw. While it was never sold in the US for epa regs its a shame you guys missed out as it has been the lightest gas saw on the market up untill recently with the release of the 2510tes echo. The 231t/232t is under 2.9kg with b/c ready to go!! I would not diss this saw one bit after using it daily for over two years without a failure. For 23'ccs its torque is amazing it will handle ozzie hardwoods up to 14" with ease. This saw feels half the wieght of a 355 or 200t and is a pleasure to use hours on end. It would suprise me if Dolmar could make a TH like this, if they could I'd be first inline to buy one.

Careful there tiger... there are some small top handles and other small rear handles that were not made by Dolmar... IF the saw below was made in red I would know about it. Although to be fair there weren't many of these release to the US market.

ea3100t.jpg

310.jpg

This saw has nothing to do with the Zenoah/RedMax G2500. But it is made by another manufacturer. Any guesses?

Latest posts

Back