Makita???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It uses the adjuster hole to oil the bar from my understanding. So you just have to elongate the hole on the k095? Or does someone have a good tip to modify them?

Thanks so much. That's easy enough. What size bit are ya using for the holes?? I'm sure I can figure out something but might as well ask what works for you.
whatever size it is that fits in a .050 bar groove. drill a hole each spot that i had marked with magic marker and the whole center between where you drill will fall out leaving you with a nice big oil hole

Figured I would update

Got the ea4300f45c today.

Took the muff off and took the cat out right away. Left the gills in. Gonna run like that for abit. Will probably remove down the road and see if it improves. Installed my modified 0.325 k095 bar and called Er a night. It was getting dark and I'm working under a 2 flashlights.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Figured I would update

Got the ea4300f45c today.

Took the muff off and took the cat out right away. Left the gills in. Gonna run like that for abit. Will probably remove down the road and see if it improves. Installed my modified 0.325 k095 bar and called Er a night. It was getting dark and I'm working under a 2 flashlights.

View attachment 500339 View attachment 500340 View attachment 500341 View attachment 500342 View attachment 500343 View attachment 500344 View attachment 500345

Thats a purty saw

Decided while I'm tinkering with the saw to do the full muffler mod.

Opened Er up

image.jpeg

Also got the DD carb adjusting driver this week. Didn't quite fit. Used some tiny machinist files and got it perfect fitting. Will spend some time this weekend getting it all dialed in.

Really curious about the top handle saws I see here in this thread being sold in the US someday?

I have more than a few makita/dolmars...
8b0f8e87b127ca859271b6648cffe819.jpg

The trick is to know a couple good dealers that you can call with a parts order. Edge and Engine, FordF150, 166, are all dealers I have ordered from. Edge and Engine has a nice online parts ordering page to work from if you dont want to call in for a parts order. The only hitch right now is that Makita is re-organizing how the parts distribution so I have noticed my last couple orders have been slower than normal but they still get me what I need.

Depending on what saw size you're looking for you will want one of the following
5100S/5105
420/421

I will caution that 5100/5105 chassis saws are notorious for sealed carbs, cat mufflers, and premature death from lean set factory carbs. They are super saws if you can do a little tinkering with them yourself.

420/421 (makita ea4300) saws don't have any factory flaws that I know of, start easy and are powerful and well respected 40cc saws.

The older 520/540 series are pretty bullet proof little saws. Very under rated in the 50cc saw class. They aren't as light and fast as some of the newer 50cc saws but a 16-20" 325 or 3/8 bar works great on them. Well balanced and are pretty maintenance free. They have the bar oil drip problem but the green oil supply lines are still available and an easy fix. You can see at least 8 of that saw chassis series above. They usually pop up as runners on ebay and the for sale thread here for $100-$150. Pretty cheap for a pro 50cc saw.

"the bar oil drip problem but the green oil supply lines are still available and an easy fix"

I just picked up a Makita DCS4300i in great condition. However, it has left a puddle on the floor while it awaits a good going over. I have never heard of the green oil supply line - can you clue me in a bit about this fix?
Thanks,
Chris

Latest posts

Back