Mallofs Lumbermaking

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CaseyForrest

CaseyForrest

I am NOT a tree freak.
. AS Supporting Member.
OK, I am going to offer my Will Mallof book to anyone interested. This will be on a "Loan Only" basis. Only a few stipulations.

1: Please take care of it. Its in pretty good condition now. Take the time to package it so it will not be damaged during shipment. It might be a good idea to include a picture each time it gets shipped so one person doesnt get blamed for damage they didnt cause. If it gets damaged while you have it, I paid $65 for it and would like to have that sum paid to me.

2: When you are done with it, ship it to the next person on the list. Also, please sign and date either the front or rear of the book. It will be neat to see where its been.

Thats about it. Right now Hautions has it and Ive asked him to ship it to Wdchuck. So Wdchuck is the first person on the list.

OK, so start the list:

EDIT: You must have more than 50 posts here on AS to be included on the list. So all you newbies get to posting!

Last edited:
Gologit

Gologit

Completely retired...life is good.
. AS Supporting Member.
That's a great idea Casey. That book has stuff in it that you just can't find any other place. Some of it is a little dated but the main stuff, the good stuff, is ageless. I don't mill all that much, just a few timbers for the ranch if I need some, but that book has been invaluable to me.

aggiewoodbutchr

aggiewoodbutchr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Great idea.

CaseyForrest :rockn: :rock: s!

That book is the best resource in print for :newbie: chainsaw millers. I still pull it out every so often just because I enjoy reading it. True some of the stuff is dated but that's what we're here for:):cheers:.

CaseyForrest

CaseyForrest

I am NOT a tree freak.
. AS Supporting Member.
OK, So far

1: Wdchuck
2: aquan8tor
3: 00juice
4: beelsr

It will be your guys responsibility to get ahold of the next person on the list for their address when you are done with the book.

Wdchuck, havent heard from Larry yet. If you hear from him let me know.

CaseyForrest

CaseyForrest

I am NOT a tree freak.
. AS Supporting Member.
Great idea.

CaseyForrest :rockn: :rock: s!

That book is the best resource in print for :newbie: chainsaw millers. I still pull it out every so often just because I enjoy reading it. True some of the stuff is dated but that's what we're here for:):cheers:.

Yeah, it may be dated, but he found a way to make it all look so easy. And dated or not all of his ideas are simple and still pratical!!

When I first got it I read it several time back to back, its hard to get everything in the first time.

CaseyForrest

CaseyForrest

I am NOT a tree freak.
. AS Supporting Member.
OK, So far

1: Wdchuck
2: aquan8tor
3: 00juice
4: beelsr

It will be your guys responsibility to get ahold of the next person on the list for their address when you are done with the book.

Wdchuck, havent heard from Larry yet. If you hear from him let me know.

5: Stonykill

I havent heard from Larry yet.

Latest posts