Man this guy wanted a 262XP bad

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about some of the prices they get for chain on e-bay ? You can get a better deal at Bailey's

Very true........on ebay chain

Also ...Most guys freak at the price of chain from Baileys after shipping cost is added ........

example .......12.99 chain + 7.99 shipping. most dont think about that...

What about some of the prices they get for chain on e-bay ? You can get a better deal at Bailey's

Shop victoriously! :laugh:

you can get a better deal at just about any dealer. :dizzy:

Fleabay has gotten out of hand, to many idiots that don't know what something's worth they just know they want it, and they MUST beat you get it. If they can outbid the next guy then they win, and everybody wants to be a winner....... Right. :laugh:

It's great when you're the seller. :D

Shop victoriously! :laugh:

you can get a better deal at just about any dealer. :dizzy:

Fleabay has gotten out of hand, to many idiots that don't know what something's worth they just know they want it, and they MUST beat you get it. If they can outbid the next guy then they win, and everybody wants to be a winner....... Right. :laugh:It's great when you're the seller. :D

+1 Would rep you again, But I got to spread the love.......

Yeah today I was looking at I believe a 460, the seller said he bought it brand new and it was only a 1 1/2 yrs. old. then he mentioned he didn't have the original box because he pitched it. hmmm... mine never came in a box,
I thought Stihl prided themselves in that.

Well I guess all those Stihl boxes I have stacking up around here must be frauds.:) Yes they come in a box but they are not carried out in the "box" like they are at "box stores".

Bill

I dont give a rats ankle about the saw weight. If the damn thing runs good and flies through wood then I like it. This nit-picking over a quarter of a pound of weight is ridiculous...

I dont give a rats ankle about the saw weight. If the damn thing runs good and flies through wood then I like it. This nit-picking over a quarter of a pound of weight is ridiculous...

Yup, enuff said, I totally agree, and always felt that way. The saw I used most over the last 2 years is my 394xp, not like its the lightest saw going.

No scheiss! Of course, the Grand Marshal and enabler of the anorexic saw lovers resides here and has a small (How appropriate!) following. Your saws should be like your women, if you can't turn it upside down, sideways, hold it up and move it around to get your job done maybe you should do something about it. Build your arms, build your back and build your character. If the 044 starts to get heavy I grab the 066 and when the 066 gets heavy I run the 088. When I switch back they certainly feel light enough. Granted, I don't do this for a living and if I did perhaps my perspective might change. I guess with this logic, if the wife ever gains a few, I should try her sister. However, I don't think this would go over to well, at least with the wife. Don't even get me started on power to weight ratios and short bars! If Freud read the posts on these particular subjects he'd have a field day!:dizzy:
These are saws for crying out loud, not surgical instruments. Darn, I take that back, I worked in an O.R. for 4 years as a Tech and never saw surgeons as picky. Good thing, half the patients would have croaked before they finished debating the virtues of which scalpel to use with the Scrub Nurse!:cry:

No scheiss! Of course, the Grand Marshal and enabler of the anorexic saw lovers resides here and has a small (How appropriate!) following. Your saws should be like your women, if you can't turn it upside down, sideways, hold it up and move it around to get your job done maybe you should do something about it. Build your arms, build your back and build your character. If the 044 starts to get heavy I grab the 066 and when the 066 gets heavy I run the 088. When I switch back they certainly feel light enough. Granted, I don't do this for a living and if I did perhaps my perspective might change. I guess with this logic, if the wife ever gains a few, I should try her sister. However, I don't think this would go over to well, at least with the wife. Don't even get me started on power to weight ratios and short bars! If Freud read the posts on these particular subjects he'd have a field day!:dizzy:
These are saws for crying out loud, not surgical instruments. Darn, I take that back, I worked in an O.R. for 4 years as a Tech and never saw surgeons as picky. Good thing, half the patients would have croaked before they finished debating the virtues of which scalpel to use with the Scrub Nurse!:cry:

+1
My dolmar 6400 is just right for me, even though it will outcut the 361 and 357xp some people think its a piece of sh1t because its too heavy.:cry:

Naa, I aint no girly man. I really don't care about wieght that much. How much of a difference can it be??

Just halv a pound (or maybe a tad less) heavier than the MS361 (according to DLG/KWF test reports).......

It was the saw I really wanted, but couldn't get, when I ended up with the 361.

The one in the auction is a late 1991 one, without decomp valve.

Last edited:
ST
How do you know the age of the saw?
Can you tell by the serial# ?
I would be interested in finding the ages of my 262 and its parts brother.

I noticed that someone has either ground off the dogs or replaced them with a homebrew smooth set. I doubt an elderly man trimming the verge would do that.

Ian

I agree, a high percentage of E-Bay saws are "boosted" by the seller. I follow a lot of auctions, and it's pretty common to see a bidder with zero, or at most one or two purchases, bidding up multiple auctions to pretty high dollar amounts.....and NEVER winning any of them.

Recently, we were watching two new saws at the same time, auctions ended a few hours apart, and the same buyer, with zero puchases, was running up both auctions, and didn't win either one.

I was sitting there wondering what the guy would have done if he won both identical saws? More than likely he never intended to win either one.

Back when you could access personal information, it was much easier to notice "trends" or make associations between the seller and the bidders. These days, not easy to do, but it is my opinion a high percentage of auctions are boosted by the seller by his friends, or relatives, associates, or even themselves, with different accounts.

As for the auction in question, for some reason that guy really wanted it bad, to pay more for it than a 372XP would cost.

I really LOVE my 268XPS, and would have no troubles buying another one, but not for more than a new 372XP would cost........Cliff

Latest posts

Back