Mangroves

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treespec

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Is anyone out there a PMT? (Professional Mangrove Trimmer) Being an ISA cert. arborist, Florida's Dept. of Enviromental Protection recognizes us as one who they want to trim and permit for mangroves.

Doesn't look like anyone is but...Is there alot of contract work for trimming them? I've heard they are protected, where would they need pruning? My inlaws used to live on Marco Island, lots of them around there.

P.I.T.A.

theres a few companies around town
that do mangroves. you must be certified
or you will be heavily fined!!! they get
anywhere from 50-75 dollars an hour for
the work. they charge by the hour and
not the job because of all of the variables
involved. nasty work.
budroe:cool:

Yes, they are protected. I permit roughly 6-10 a year with 2nd stage pruning the following year. (Can only trim them annually)But I charge $1500. aday w/travel time. And yes, it is the most physically demanding tree work there is in this neck of the woods. Plus I charge $350-500 for pulling the permit.(Lots of paper work)

Originally posted by treespec
Yes, they are protected. I permit roughly 6-10 a year with 2nd stage pruning the following year. (Can only trim them annually)But I charge $1500. aday w/travel time. And yes, it is the most physically demanding tree work there is in this neck of the woods. Plus I charge $350-500 for pulling the permit.(Lots of paper work)

Just curious.... What makes them so demanding?

Mangroves have many 'prop roots' which make walking and moving equip. difficult.(go to mangrove.org to see pics). Then you've got the water to contend with.It is alot of hand work.

Back