Mastermind Meets The MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that will dampen yer spirits ..................and fyi the 461 has more power than my 660 in a 30 inch fir log ............

I'm not at all surprised.

I've got a 7900 that will restore your faith in humanity. And JD has one that will let you experience Nirvana. :hmm3grin2orange:

It was JD's saws that I ran that made me a believer in Scott's porting skills.

People have been modifying chainsaws since chainsaws were introduced. The real big push though I would say started in the mid-50's which coincided with the karting
craze. A lot of what we know now about high-end two cycle performance was developed primarily due to karting. A lot of the karters here on the west coast also
happened to work in the woods so they took their modification ideas from kart engines and applied them to their saw engines. I know guys here locally that were
making their own pistons and intakes back then, my grandpa happened to be one of them.

Carl Kiekhafer was probably the first "modder"of 2 cycles from Wikepedia:

World War II changed the corporate climate, and Kiekhaefer sought a government contract to design two-man air-cooled chainsaws. Army engineers were unable to design a lightweight motor. Kiekhaefer designed a new lightweight chainsaw in 2 months. The Kiekhaefer powered chainsaw was able to cut through a 24-inch (610 mm) green log in 17 seconds, while it took the nearest competitor 52 seconds. Mercury was awarded the contract, and was the world's largest chainsaw manufacturer by the end of the war.

I've got a 7900 that will restore your faith in humanity. And JD has one that will let you experience Nirvana. :hmm3grin2orange:

I haven't seen you in post for some time, hows the sweat pants a hanging:msp_sneaky:

Yeah, and some people do too.

Time to step up your game Vini!

Lol I might have to
Like I said, we will see what spring throws my way. Hopefully I'll be too busy to do anything but work cuz me likey money and runnin saws for a livin aint bad either.:msp_thumbup:

Back