Mastermind Worksaws Will Begin Scheduling New Work In December

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure I'd call it demarketing Edwin. I've been scheduling work since August of last year. I just take work for a few weeks, schedule it the way I want to do it......then stop taking it again. I don't want any "help", so I just do what I'm comfortable with. At one time I had 14 men working for me.......and the headaches never stopped. These days it's just me and Jon.......and we are beginning to set certain hours. We've been getting a few cattle, some more land, and we have worn out farm equipment to fix........
I would still consider that demarketing, but I applaud your effort in trying to control quality. Sometimes it's impossible to find qualified help or help that you can train to the standards that you expect. That's what I ran into as a software developer and publisher about 15 years ago. There is no one here that I know of who doubts your expertise and/or the quality of your workmanship.

There is truly both an art and a skill involved in fixing small engine equipment. Many mechanics can work on the big stuff, but most of them who can will leave the smaller equipment, such as chain saws, to others such as you and a few other trained mechanics who are willing to tackle them. Here is an interesting point: a new Stihl chain saw may be the most expensive common lawn and garden piece of equipment that there is when measured in $/lb. As such, that would also explain why it is one of the most frequently stolen.

Latest posts

Back