McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My oiler is metal but it looks like it has a black plastic sleeve where that washer runs.
When I do get a disc, is the oiler adjust screw is backed out for more oil?

Yes, With the olier installed in the tank, turn the screw in until it bottoms on the disk. then back it out 2 turns for around a 18-20" bar. if you need more output back it out a turn at a time. the adjustment is somewhat sensitive.

It being an sp80 a later 10 series oiler should work since it's it's bigger brother in cc. Almost and I emphasize almost all little parts like that should interchange.

Model 600002 F.............................A 10-10A?

Got a carcass missing air cleaner lid so no other way to identify him. Has chain brake.
Model: 10-10A

SERIES OR ASSEMBLY NUMBER:
ecblank.gif
600002, codes none, B, D, E, F, G, H, J, U
serial prefix 10, 11, 13, 14, 15,

YEAR INTRODUCED:
ecblank.gif
July 1971
YEAR DISCONTINUED:
ecblank.gif
June 1975

nope, not yet. it was almost 8pm when I finished it. I don't think its a good idea to bring a mac to life that late in the neighborhood!

Saw a vid on you tube by a very professional individual who knows alot about chainsaws. He suggested if you wanted a woodcutting saw not to use the D-44 he had a vid on but to buy a newer saw. My experience is this old saws last alot longer than the new plastic saws. Yes the parts maybe harder to come buy but they where built for work not sitting on a shelf. Anyway that's just my opinion.

Saw a vid on you tube by a very professional individual who knows alot about chainsaws. He suggested if you wanted a woodcutting saw not to use the D-44 he had a vid on but to buy a newer saw. My experience is this old saws last alot longer than the new plastic saws. Yes the parts maybe harder to come buy but they where built for work not sitting on a shelf. Anyway that's just my opinion.

OK guys if everything works out like I hope I have a D-44 coming sometime next month. I know a little about these saws and this one is missing a few parts which I am going to have to hit ya'll up to see if they can be located. Question when it's running good and it's all back together should it be a shelf queen.

Mark got the saw today thank you very much. Going to get it cleaned up enough where I can do what needs to be done to get a good runner out of it. Shouldn't take much as it already runs prob just a tune up.

Attachments

• IMG_20140114_160637.jpg
    IMG_20140114_160637.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20140114_160647.jpg
    IMG_20140114_160647.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20140114_160701.jpg
    IMG_20140114_160701.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20140114_160818.jpg
    IMG_20140114_160818.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20140114_160908.jpg
    IMG_20140114_160908.jpg
  • IMG_20140114_160919.jpg
    IMG_20140114_160919.jpg
Ok got it clean enough. On the block it has 1-43 with 46 under the 43 with a stamped line through 43. Gotta love Mac's marking system. Gonna throw some fuel in it see how well it runs can't check compression because my guage is broke.

Starts good a few pulls after squirting fuel down the carb fired right up runs well carb will prob need adjusting. From the pull feels like it's still got quite abit of compression. Very light marks in the cylinder what you'd expect from a saw of it's age.

Not really a shelf queen. I dont own a shelf saw. Find a GTG to go to, and play with it now and then.

Not the worlds best firewood saw, but if its all you have running, it will do the job.

Post up if you need pieces, I have a couple junkers in the shed if I ever get down there.

I know the d-44 is going to prob turn out to be a project saw depending on it's overall condition. Whats missing is the filter cover and a few odd and ends and a broke fin on the flywheel. If it's it near factory I know it's going to have to have a newer style rim sprocket combo because 7/16 is impossible to find. Luckly on that count the 1 series as well as the 250's and a few others share this part, bar is going to be the prob, flywheel cover I don't know what will interchange.

Several years ago I was given a 80's PowerMac 380 with auto sharp. It had not run in 15 years but after flushing it with kerosene and working on it a bit, I got it running like new. I recently did a muff-mod on it, tuned it, and it really screams but I can not get it to oil. I removed the oiler and cleaned it up (thinking it was gummy) but it still will not oil, not even with the manual oiler. What am I missing here, I do not believe the saw has many hours on it and it starts in 2 pulls every single time.

Check the oiler, lines and things of that nature may just be a clog somewhere, a bad line or a bum pump. I'm not too familiar with this model but usually with oiling issues this is where I start. This is what interchanges EAGER BEAVER 2.3, TITAN 35 AND 40, POWER MAC 380, PRO MAC 440. I hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back