McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As soon as the 1-46 gets here I will post pics there's not alot of info on these saws more on the 1-43 and 250. Luckly I know enough about these saws that if I run into any issues it won't be an issue and parts are pretty interchangeable between alot of these saws of this era. It is an 80cc gear drive built almost identical to alot of the saws around the time. One of the service books I have says the 250 replaced the 1-46. I've looked on the spec sheets and see no difference between alot of these saws except weight and auto oiler or not.

As soon as the 1-46 gets here I will post pics there's not alot of info on these saws more on the 1-43 and 250. Luckly I know enough about these saws that if I run into any issues it won't be an issue and parts are pretty interchangeable between alot of these saws of this era. It is an 80cc direct drive built almost identical to alot of the saws around the time. One of the service books I have says the 250 replaced the 1-46. I've looked on the spec sheets and see no difference between alot of these saws except weight and auto oiler or not.

The thing is the 1-40 1-50 series where all 80cc same stroke bore just a weight difference. The only difference is the 1-52 1-53 which where 87cc. The 1-46 was the heavier 80cc saws at 21lbs. I believe they used this same foundation for the variations of the 10 series also. It's a good idea have one good working platform and modify it to your needs.

As far a b/c I have seen everything from a 16" to 40 some on these older saws. If you factor in it's an 80cc theoretically it should pull up to a 32" bar.

I think we should have an ugliest chainsaw thread. Worksaws that have untold hours that still run but may not look the best. Thats most of my runners good motors but bad housings I've had to swap out parts.

I really hate some of the people on here you try to tell someone a method of doing something and somebody with a paper degree says oh no thats not the proper way. Just because you have the all the nice schooling in the world experience counts more. I may be only 34 but I have been working on engines of all sizes since I could pick up a wrench. My dad was a master mechanic for Piedmont Airlines and the army he thought I needed a trade and taught me since I was small. My ways maybe old school but they work.

$600 for that has they guy bumped his head. $125 all day on ebay and that's about all they're worth. Most of the time you can get these for $50 $75 when they pop up locally.

IMG_20140104_010928.jpg This is my 610. Motors a 610 a few of the case peices are from a timberbear and a 605. Rope is fixed had a black cover from a think a 610 the spring tab on this one was broke.

Attachments

• IMG_20140104_002609.jpg
    IMG_20140104_002609.jpg
    765.5 KB · Views: 6
facepalm.jpeg

That's it. I've been good and not said anything. My patience is at it's end however. I'm done here for a while. Folks that I care about know how to get ahold of me if needed....

Unsubscribed for now...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back