McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cbc7ab817529a032792295105c1f5614.jpg

Gesendet von meinem SM-G928F mit Tapatalk

Thanks for the info on the oil pump. I'll keep my eyes open for one.

As for my other 10-10S issues, I guess the fuel line, fuel filter, and air filter did not help. It ran great for a couple big cuts and then started acting up again. Does it when hot or cold. I guess replacing the coil is my next step.

Rob

My 55 started running poorly today. I had bought it and cleaned the carb and put into service not realizing that someone had put the clutch back on without the washer that holds the clutch bell from hitting the case. Well it ate the case. It was still running with the crank seal gone. No wonder I could not get it to tune right. I knew I was going to break it down this winter and replace the crank seals and new rings but never knew the crank seal was gone. Cannot see anything of it. Must have been gone before I got it. From now on if I get a saw I am going to check it over good before I put it into service.

Having never replaced a chainsaw's ignition assembly (coil) I didn't realize that there is a gap to be maintained between the flywheel and the coil. So I didn't measure the old one before removing. Can anyone tell me what this gap should be set at for a 1982 10-10S that uses the 95553 (superceded by 223708) coil? Is it specific, like a spark plug, or just "as close as possible without actually touching the flywheel"?

Thanks!
Rob

Having never replaced a chainsaw's ignition assembly (coil) I didn't realize that there is a gap to be maintained between the flywheel and the coil. So I didn't measure the old one before removing. Can anyone tell me what this gap should be set at for a 1982 10-10S that uses the 95553 (superceded by 223708) coil? Is it specific, like a spark plug, or just "as close as possible without actually touching the flywheel"?

Thanks!
Rob

Rule of thumb is to set the gap with a business card...

Thanks folks. Got the coil changed and the saw runs the same still. Starts fine, revs good for a little bit, but when cutting a log it starts to die out. I guess carb rebuild is next.

The good news though is that the Pro Mac 700 I picked up recently that didn't start now starts fine with the carb from my 10-10S. Didn't try cutting with it since I think the jetting is probably different, but it was nice to see the saw runs.

Rob

Any walkthroughs for doing a carb cleaning/rebuild? I have a Walbro kit on the way for both my 10-10S and the new 700. I think they both need carb TLC.

Thanks,
Rob

Back