McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSC07090.JPG

DSCN5670.JPG

The 805 IPL shows the poppet type compression release yet this one does not have it. It may have been left out in favor of the bolt

IMG_3746.JPG

The Double Eagle 80 (later than the PM805 or PM800) had the poppet type compression release.

DSC07063.JPG

Seems the only absolute with McCulloch is there was no "always" or "never".

Mark

Attachments

• DSC07062.JPG
    DSC07062.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 9
Forgot to ask earlier. The kill switch doesn't work on my new 6-10. Is there a common spot where these fail?
I had one bust a tab off the coil and quit working, I cut a new tab to fit it and soldered it back on, came out great

Ron:
Looking at how the brake works, try a little penetrating oil where the locking finger pivots in the case and work it back and forth and make sure it is working good and free. It might just be where they are getting older and the grease they put on it at the factory is getting old and hard making it not move the way it should or maybe a little corrosion or just the weather where you have an aluminium case and a steal pin and now that they are older and grease drying up they are expanding at different temperatures and causing it to get tight.
Brian

Brian, I got a small load boxed to bring you already. I'll bring one or more of the culprits. The spring tip is sliding off the trigger so it won't reset. Bucking these greater than bar lengths usually causes the handle to bump the log which will set off the brake on the sensitive ones, the spring slips from the trigger in the process and then you can't reset it without a screwdriver. After a while of this behavior they either fire super easily or just won't hold at all. We'll figure a fix I'm sure.

Ron

need echo pas 266 attachments, esp polesaw, wacker, brushcutter... as for "want", am open to saw trade offers. don't really "need" there. good 797 block. partial to poulan, pioneer, pm/canadien-skil, mac. as said, not sure I want it to go, but will consider it. like to help w/"wants" of others when I can...

Thought i'd post this over hear. My latest project I completed the other day.
101B custom saw. Running the Tillotson HR race carb. Fired it off the other
night and it is wicked. Great throttle response. Idles nice. I couldn't be any
happier with this one. All parts are NOS except the motor. Had to have a few
parts chromed to give it some bling.

Lee

Thought i'd post this over hear. My latest project I completed the other day.
101B custom saw. Running the Tillotson HR race carb. Fired it off the other
night and it is wicked. Great throttle response. Idles nice. I couldn't be any
happier with this one. All parts are NOS except the motor. Had to have a few
parts chromed to give it some bling.

Lee

That is beautiful, good to know it's all buttoned up, I'll send you my address so you can get it shipped out to its rightful owner! ;):D

In all seriousness, that thing is fantastic

Latest posts

Back