McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On that same subject of oiler, does the Pro Mac 10-10 have a manual as well as auto oiler? Also, how do I read the codes on the serial and model number for the PM 10-10. I recently got one on Saturday and am in love with it so far. I would just go on Acres for the info, but it has been down since late last week for me. Everyone else having problems getting on the site?

The Pro Mac should have both auto and manual oiler. They made two different variations that I know of. One has the idle up button and the later version has to operator present combined with the idle up. All of the 10-10 has the same cylinder, piston and crank. They are 54cc. The last version of the 10-10 was the S model and it was 57cc and has a DSP valve. I have one and love it. Very good saw.

Brian

On that same subject of oiler, does the Pro Mac 10-10 have a manual as well as auto oiler? Also, how do I read the codes on the serial and model number for the PM 10-10. I recently got one on Saturday and am in love with it so far. I would just go on Acres for the info, but it has been down since late last week for me. Everyone else having problems getting on the site?

Same Here.

What's a good base to set the high and low settings after rebuilding a carb? Also I got a buddy that needs a rebuild kit for his 250. It has a tillison( is that right?) that says Mac 1 on it?

I have two Pro Mac saws that both have the problem of fuel leaking from the tank into the carb airbox via the fuel line that goes through the tank wall. One is a early 80's vintage PM10-10S saw that has been in the family since new and I replaced the line last year with a new part (though it may have been a non-Mac branded 'compatible' part). Leaked right from the start. The other is a recent acquisition PM800 where I have no idea of the history of its fuel line.

What is a good, reliable, well-fitting fuel line that should work for these saws without leaking?

Alternatively, is there a way to seal these lines up in a way that will fix leaky lines?

Thanks!
Rob

Rob - a few wraps of Teflon thread tape will take care of the fuel seeping through the opening for the fuel line. Works on 10 Series and large frame saws that have a fuel line through the tank in the same fashion.

Brian - That is a Walbro carburetor, start with 1-1/2 on the L and 1 on the H

Mark

Thanks again Mark. Hey I'm going to sell my pro mac 700. Any idea where I should start in price?

Check e-bay and start around 75% of what they are trending to be realistic.

Roger Bennett (husqman67, doesn't post much) asked me for some photos of the AF decals on the 550 and Super 550 so I thought as long as I had them down off the shelf I'd give you all something to think about.

20170906_203956.jpg

20170906_204046.jpg

Notice how on the later saws, they did in fact use a serial number tag rather than stamp the model and serial number on the bottom of the crankcase. I am pretty sure I have a Super 250 or two with a similar tag.

20170906_205753.1.jpg

Mark

Rob - a few wraps of Teflon thread tape will take care of the fuel seeping through the opening for the fuel line. Works on 10 Series and large frame saws that have a fuel line through the tank in the same fashion.

Mark

Thanks! I didn't think of something like that. I was thinking more of silicone sealant or something. I'll give that a try. Simple and easy to try.

Rob

Check e-bay and start around 75% of what they are trending to be realistic.

Roger Bennett (husqman67, doesn't post much) asked me for some photos of the AF decals on the 550 and Super 550 so I thought as long as I had them down off the shelf I'd give you all something to think about.

View attachment 600341

View attachment 600342

Notice how on the later saws, they did in fact use a serial number tag rather than stamp the model and serial number on the bottom of the crankcase. I am pretty sure I have a Super 250 or two with a similar tag.

View attachment 600343

Mark
Whats the chances of finding a rebuild kit for the carb in that picture? Brian

cheapchainsawparts on e-bay will sell the gaskets and diaphragms for $30 + shipping, reproduction items made by Joe Salva of Sugar Creek Supply.

Other than that you can find the fuel pump and metering sets on e-bay from time to time.

Bob Johnson use to have them (607 638 9297) both but I haven't checked with him in a while.

Mark

I think the teflon wrap may do the trick. Snugged up the line quite well.

Got a question about new cork gaskets. I found an OEM one for the tank cover on my 10-10S. Put it in tonight. I'm wondering how long I should leave it set to 'seat' everything before I fill with gas and use the saw? Is it good to go immediately or should it be left to form into place for a bit before adding fuel to the situation?

Thanks,
Rob

Latest posts

Back