McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Tim, the fins are not plugged up. It is a black paint with a hardner mixed in to ensure the paint stays durable. Would you happen to know off hand how hot a cylinder head gets while warmed up and running (assuming it is tuned properly) I could check the cylinder head with a heat gun to see if it is running at normal temperature

I haven't got a clue.

Where did you get the hardener for the paint? I've been looking for some for enamel.

Thanks fossil, I did end up buying the pro mac 55. Supposedly the points were just cleaned/gapped. Is there any common problems/breakages w/ this saw? parts I should try to get to have on standby?
You'll really like the 55... It's my go to saw when I'm fighting it rest of the stable. Should never wear out a starter rope.. It's a 2-3 tug starter.

Now a tough one.

My SP80 has a winter type air filter cover but does not have the ducting over the muffler to go with it. I think that set up came on some other models but I can't find an IPL other than the 80 that shows it.
If anyone has one I'm looking for a bunch of photos so I can make one up.
I would need a coupe of dimensions so I can scale it properly as well

Part number 86209 and number 77 on the pic
Thanks.

View attachment 638530
Tim, do you still require info on winter muffler parts? Can supply info from the SP60 for you.

My body is home but the consciousness my not arrive for a few more days. Last stop on my 'round the world tour was 2 weeks in Thailand.

My full wrap bars fit saws with the old style clutch covers, otherwise you have to modify the later one to clear the handle. Try looking at the 10-10 thread, fewer pages to look through.

Mark

I haven't got a clue.

Where did you get the hardener for the paint? I've been looking for some for enamel.
I went to a local auto body paint shop here in my home town. I was able to match the black powder coat with a black color in their books, after that they mix the paint with a hardner in house.
After it is mixed they inject the paint into an aerosol can and before use you have press a pin, mounted onto the bottom, to activate the mixture.
Once the mixture is activated, the can has about one day of life before it goes bad. The results are fantastic, but why wouldn't it be right? Its automotive paint.
The paint and the aerosol can were about $40, and that's more than enough to cover the saw twice.
So.....Tim after all this rambling I did, in closing I would try an auto body paint store.
let me know if you have any more questions

Scott

I went to a local auto body paint shop here in my home town. I was able to match the black powder coat with a black color in their books, after that they mix the paint with a hardner in house.
After it is mixed they inject the paint into an aerosol can and before use you have press a pin, mounted onto the bottom, to activate the mixture.
Once the mixture is activated, the can has about one day of life before it goes bad. The results are fantastic, but why wouldn't it be right? Its automotive paint.
The paint and the aerosol can were about $40, and that's more than enough to cover the saw twice.
So.....Tim after all this rambling I did, in closing I would try an auto body paint store.
let me know if you have any more questions

Scott

Thanks Scott!

Well guys I couldn't wait any longer so threw the 10 10 starter on the pm800 so yes Beetlejuice the starter you found can be modified slightly 7 n a half seconds or 2 min with a file and swap the shaft and add a couple mount holes. Saw runs great now after a fiddle has seamingly pritty healthy compression too. It didnt want to flow fuel or enough threw the low needle I had a few gos at tuning it and got grumpy n cranked out the low screw way out n then finaly it went rich as all hell and then tuned up fine. I now have my first nicely running mac well had a 310 but that doesn't count:)

Well guys I couldn't wait any longer so threw the 10 10 starter on the pm800 so yes Beetlejuice the starter you found can be modified slightly 7 n a half seconds or 2 min with a file and swap the shaft and add a couple mount holes. Saw runs great now after a fiddle has seamingly pritty healthy compression too. It didnt want to flow fuel or enough threw the low needle I had a few gos at tuning it and got grumpy n cranked out the low screw way out n then finaly it went rich as all hell and then tuned up fine. I now have my first nicely running mac well had a 310 but that doesn't count:)
Wonderful news. Wondering if I should pick that other housing up for kicks. I did get a starter for a 1-37? An oldie anyway.. Little scraping, little WD, spit & shine and is in better shape than all of mine. Tempted but put it on the costumers saw and didn't look back.. This is what I found yesterday. I'm still cleaning it up.. All but the price tag. I'm still gloating.IMG_20180517_135724.jpg

Wonderful news. Wondering if I should pick that other housing up for kicks. I did get a starter for a 1-37? An oldie anyway.. Little scraping, little WD, spit & shine and is in better shape than all of mine. Tempted but put it on the costumers saw and didn't look back.. This is what I found yesterday. I'm still cleaning it up.. All but the price tag. I'm still gloating.View attachment 653023
What a nice find a genuine "tin ass" you are or a "jammy c***" .... that starter is worth the 10 bux haha. 20180519_132129.jpg 20180519_132046.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I couldn't find a picture of this side cover w/ a full wrap handlebar. Would I have to grind/open up this side cover to use a full wrap handlebar?

Latest posts

Back