McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IPL for the 8200 is on it's way Bob

Mark

Thanks Mark. Giv es me a idea as to what will need to be removed to get the bar mount side welded up. Now just got to talk nice to my friend. I could send some junk parts for her to try first.
Bob

795 or 797 - telltale sign is the compression release.

Now Jim, did you lift those photo's from another source?

Mark

If that's from where I think it is, I asked the guy if he might have read the numbers on the bottom wrong. It was very close to the casting number for a 795. I told him to clean it a little more and check, never heard back. Not even close to 797 numbers.

Hey guys, I posted this in the Swap Meet, to no avail. Figured you guys would be more interested. This stuff is up for trade, will trade for other saws or cool projects.

Doesn't have to be Mac stuff, let me know if you're interested.

Got a 10-10 in running condition up for trade 150psi compression, pulls strong. Clean.

Also have a 10-10a that will be a runner with some work, has electronic ignition module, as well as points ignition. Clean.

Mac PM55 in a box, haven't gotten around to putting it together. Should be a runner. Have most of the major parts, but might needs some small stuff.

Skil 1644 Type 3 that needs some carb work.

Mac 1-43, cool saw, similar to a 250. Would trade that also for the right saw.

CT

Whatcha looking for Chris? I didn't think you'd ever part with that 1-43....

Some fun with the SP125s

Me and Dean (Igpoe) had some fun running our SP125 saws today. We made some cuts and also checked the rpms with Dean's tach just chits and giggles. Both of our 125s have the adjustable sdc carb, which makes a big difference over the fixed jet tillotson imho. Dean tuned his 125 by ear, and I tuned mine by ear. Mine was taching 10,600 rpm no load and 7,300 rpm burried in a 28" piece of oak. Deans was taching 10,900 rpm no load. Both saws are both fourstroking hard out of the cut. I just thought this info was interesting, and maybe interesting to others as well.

Me and Dean (Igpoe) had some fun running our SP125 saws today. We made some cuts and also checked the rpms with Dean's tach just chits and giggles. Both of our 125s have the adjustable sdc carb, which makes a big difference over the fixed jet tillotson imho. Dean tuned his 125 by ear, and I tuned mine by ear. Mine was taching 10,600 rpm no load and 7,300 rpm burried in a 28" piece of oak. Deans was taching 10,900 rpm no load. Both saws are both fourstroking hard out of the cut. I just thought this info was interesting, and maybe interesting to others as well.

Thanks for the info. I hope to be able to run mine again soon - 4 1/2 months to go. eBay has had several 125's lately but they have gone out of my price range as have the 101B blocks. Ron

Hmm. SP125, still waiting to find one in a shed :D But till then, Ill remember Stinkbaits eating through 30" white oak like it was butter. Pretty sure it was quicker than the 3120 at the GTG, but we never tried timing them

mccolloch chainsaws

i have 2 of them i think one is a 42cc and i think the other is a 100 cc it is a monster i am selling theme hopefully saturday they are all original and run great the big one isnt getting enouph gas but it will run when sprayed with starting fluid carb needs rebuilt

Just a hint/thought. Try using premixed fuel instead of starter fluid. It has no oil so no lubrication in the cylinder, it is kind of like straight gassing. Any pictures of the ol Macs?

saws

i have used 2 cycle in it it just wont start with the gas since it is cutting off somewhere the carb needs a rebuild i think it would run great after that. i just dont have time to mess with theme

i have used 2 cycle in it it just wont start with the gas since it is cutting off somewhere the carb needs a rebuild i think it would run great after that. i just dont have time to mess with theme

We realize that the carb isn't pumping fuel from the tank. What was suggested was to spray 2 stroke mix down the carb throat (use a spray bottle) instead of starting fluid. Firing a 2 stroke engine on starting fluid is extremely hard on the engine, especialy if it hasn't been ran on 2 stroke fuel in a long time, and the residual oil has all oozed off of the bearing surfaces.

Hmm. SP125, still waiting to find one in a shed :D But till then, Ill remember Stinkbaits eating through 30" white oak like it was butter. Pretty sure it was quicker than the 3120 at the GTG, but we never tried timing them

I tried that approach for 3 years... Got impatient and decided this one wasn't getting away. Worked out, I got it for less than I was willing to go for it. Should be here middle of next week. I shall be an insufferable little kid until I set it into a log...

CPR, I spun circles for over a week waiting for a saw to arrive, the tracking number just added to the fuel.

CPR, I spun circles for over a week waiting for a saw to arrive, the tracking number just added to the fuel.

Amen brother, rep sent. The absolute worst was when I bought the Super 797. I was like a kid with a time-lock to the candy store. I even admitted as such on the video the night I got it. My wife, God love her, was ready to kill me. I'm a little calmer this go around, but with 123cc on the line, it's hard to not be excited.

Did I say WOOHOO yet?

The big brown truck stoped at my house today.
And left another big box. Inside a Super 797.
A well used one at that. Has a replacement block.
It had some scuffs on the piston so i decided to
take it down and see how bad. It will need to be
bored. Other than that it was not in to bad of shape.
Should have it up and running in a week or so.

Lee

Latest posts

Back