McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
100MEDIA_IMAG0409.jpg

test test...test sat

McCulloch power!

Fell asleep at the wheel.

I sure hope it was one of you that got the 125 H/L adjustable SDC carb from Axeman. I woke to that ugly message from eBay that I had been outbid followed by that even uglier message that extends apologies for not winning. Ron

Gonna see if I have the posting pics down, and give a teaser to this weekend. Had a large dead and rotten oak that needed to come down. It was very rotten at the base, almost completely hollow. Was hoping that there was more wood at the base, but I will have to deal with +/- 30" pieces to work out the saws with.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

And the skidder :D
attachment.php

I'm ready for the next step.

The little splined wrench arrived from Vegas today so I now have the piston and crank out of the kart saw. Now what is the proper procedure to remove the wrist pin (I believe this is the source of my binding issue). Many thanks, Ron

Gonna see if I have the posting pics down, and give a teaser to this weekend. Had a large dead and rotten oak that needed to come down. It was very rotten at the base, almost completely hollow. Was hoping that there was more wood at the base, but I will have to deal with +/- 30" pieces to work out the saws with.

attachment.php

:msp_confused: Now how are you going to keep your strength up for that 2nd job when you keep using this little light weight saw??? Ron

The little splined wrench arrived from Vegas today so I now have the piston and crank out of the kart saw. Now what is the proper procedure to remove the wrist pin (I believe this is the source of my binding issue). Many thanks, Ron

Where did you get the splined wrench, is it the same one that is used for a 125?

Where did you get the splined wrench, is it the same one that is used for a 125?

I haven't had my 125s apart so I don't know. I would guess that if the 125 uses a splined head bolt then it would be the same as a 101B. Anyway, the guy's on eBay with lots of kart parts; just search "McCulloch kart". He also has splined 1/4" drive sockets for the same price. He'll negotiate with you if you buy enough stuff. With the wrench, I also bought a NOS coil and a half dozen or so of every length hex head screw he had along with cylinder head bolts and nut retainers. Ron

viewing tonight

Mark- it has been a while since I have been on the site-working on the 66 Merc Cyclone that we bought a few weeks ago. Hopefully next week we will hear it run. I do have a bar and chain for you next time you are in the area.

Ray

Viewing tontght again

After looking at my signature I realized I need to do a new inventory because of brother Mark and my "CSA" my number of saws is up to 46 now with maybe just a little more room for a few more on the North wall. Another night! Good night all!!

Ray

After looking at my signature I realized I need to do a new inventory because of brother Mark and my "CSA" my number of saws is up to 46 now with maybe just a little more room for a few more on the North wall. Another night! Good night all!!

Ray

Yeah, I know how you feel...I have to go out and find some space for the 9 saws I've acquired in the last two weeks.

Mac Withdraws

It's been kinda slow in here... i think i am starting to have Mcculloch withdraws come on guys with this many members somebody's gota have something going on or at least a good Mac story to share.

It's been kinda slow in here... i think i am starting to have Mcculloch withdraws come on guys with this many members somebody's gota have something going on or at least a good Mac story to share.

My lastest buy......
attachment.php

I know i really shouldn't be buying more Macs..need the money for house renovations and an trip to OZ to check the place out for our
intended move at Xmas....But it's a super 250..i missed out on the last two...
Just arranging the freight now.

Back