McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of you that dont visit my Mini sticky...

Replaced all the crap in this saw, Oil and fuel lines, carb kit, primer bulb, crank seals, air filter, spark plug, modified the muffler a bit etc. The chain is loose and its running slightly rich on the high end but overall its a keeper:msp_wink:

McCulloch MAC 3200 series Chainsaw - YouTube

i saw a pro mac 60 on cl for $20. needs new carb as he damaged the one on there. just wondering if its a good saw? don't know what size bar. says it runs with prime

Jerry, for $20 I'd be all over it. Weighs just a bit more than a 10-10A and the same as an SP70. Probably has a Wlbro SDC carb and those are plentiful, as are the kits.

Thought I would ask the experts if you run a fresh motor on the rich side (little smoke and oil out the muffler) until the rings are seated and the compression come up?

Do you prefer to run rich all the time to reduce wear for backyard firewood cutting?

-Thanks

I don't do anything different for break in. I tune it for the conditions. The longer the bar, thougg, the more I'll fatten it up.

Alrighty then, thanks for info.

Mac 250 Clutch/drive sprocket: I need the bearing cage

My old drive sprocket & clutch is a one piece design with a bushing. The replacement sprocket and clutch is a two piece and I need the bearing for drive shaft.

Any help on finding a part number and online parts house will be helpful.

-Thanks!

My old drive sprocket & clutch is a one piece design with a bushing. The replacement sprocket and clutch is a two piece and I need the bearing for drive shaft.

Any help on finding a part number and online parts house will be helpful.

-Thanks!

PM your email address to me and I can send you an IPL and info.

i saw a pro mac 60 on cl for $20. needs new carb as he damaged the one on there. just wondering if its a good saw? don't know what size bar. says it runs with prime

I've got three and they all rip:rock:

Good price, go for it!

-Andy

Does anyone have any documentation or info on Mac bow bars?

I have a copy of the Bar & Chain / Accessories catalog and there's nothing in there.

Thanks!

can anyone help me with a mcculloch 795 serial number? I am wondering the date, thanks.
63629 7990

63629 is the motor part number
7990 is the serial number
10 is the serial number prefix, denoting production dates. 10 series were late 1967 thru 1969

thanks for the help. :msp_smile: i have a problem with my 795, it leans out after a few seconds and starts to race. it calms down for a second when i hit the primer then starts racing again. i suspect an air leak at the carb.

thanks for the help. :msp_smile: i have a problem with my 795, it leans out after a few seconds and starts to race. it calms down for a second when i hit the primer then starts racing again. i suspect an air leak at the carb.

Could be an air leak anywhere in the motor.
Or a dirty carb needing a kit. Have you tried
backing out the low screw and see if it changes.

Lee

here's some pix

does have bar and chain. 16" hard nose bar, think it says mac 10, needs dressing. chain done had its last sharpening. will be relegated to the stumper pile.
oh yeah! $15

Last edited:
yes i did and still no change unfortunately. i don't have any vacuum or pressure pump but i sprayed some engine starter fruid around the trottle shaft and it almost died. same thing as hitting the primer button, i might rebuild it but carb kits for the flat back's aren't that cheap.

oops, my pix disappeared. looks like when you delete the thumbs you delete the pix. try again

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back