McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
joeymt33

joeymt33

I bleed YELLOW!
Excluding the crankcase and filter cover, Does this one picture cover all the parts asked for today?

a5a2azum.jpg

Gizzard

Gizzard

ArboristSite Operative
Thinking about taking a carb from a 10-10A (SDC-37A) with H&L adjustable and using it on a PM 55 (SDC-49 non-adjustable). Thinking this would work fine. However, thought I would see if any input here?

Gizzard

Gizzard

ArboristSite Operative
It may be difficult to adjust since the needles stick strait out instead of up at an angle.
You have a good point on that. I'm also switching top of fuel tank out with one that will have the cut-out for getting to the straight screws.

Ran into that problem on a 10-10A when had bright idea to switch top of old style tank with newer tank to utilize the plentiful flat air filters. Note, your previous pictures of air filter mods are darn nice.

Also, thanks to Joey for input.

mactodd

mactodd

ArboristSite Operative
good to see an old Mac doing what it was designed to do. Not a picture of it cleaned up on the workbench, not a video of cutting cookies and squabbling over how fast or slow it is compared to the latest Stihlavarna, just putting lumber on the ground. Gotta love it!

PogoInTheWoods

PogoInTheWoods

Don't forget about the alligators...
. AS Supporting Member.
good to see an old Mac doing what it was designed to do. Not a picture of it cleaned up on the workbench, not a video of cutting cookies and squabbling over how fast or slow it is compared to the latest Stihlavarna, just putting lumber on the ground. Gotta love it!

Looks to me like it's jes sittin' on a stump.:D

Last edited:
ethar

ethar

ArboristSite Operative
Well interesting day got the 1-46 running good. Ran it through some wood and about 15min in I noticed gas pouring from the carb area iand it running erratic. Took the carb off and the nipple was cracked looked like it had been jb welded at one point. Luckly had another flat back sitting around so fixed it and got it back running. Gotta say it may not be as fast as the newer plastic saws but it will grab and cut. Tried bogging it down to no avail. Put it in some of those logs I had pictured awile back. Think once I get all the kinks out of it it will be a good wood saw.

Latest posts