McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never seen the Mini Pro designation before, and the rear handle is quite different from all the other Mini Mac models, interesting.

None of my IPL's show any electronic ignition for the Mini Mac saws. That said, the electronic ignition unit from a 300 Series saw might work. I have not had any 300's apart so I don't know for sure how the parts compare.

Mark
Have similar one as well Eberhard$(KGrHqZHJEkFDHvis5+1BQ4,)(0Sbg~~60_3minipro.jpg

Hi guys,

I've just begun working on getting a SP81E that I picked up running. It is my first Mcculloch so I am not entirely familiar. The tank is weeping just around the handle bar mount when filled. I thought initially the tank were a two piece with gasket but it looks to me that it is a two piece that is epoxied together. There is no way I am going to pull those halves apart? Anyone had any success with external/internal sealing?

Thanks - Cory

Just wanted to make a hit and run post to let ya'll know the old Macs are still appreciated. I picked this up at a pawn shop on Monday...

Promac starter.JPG Promac exhaust.JPG

With fresh fuel it starts, runs and oils as it should. The chainbrake is functional. The chain tensioner and one bar nut are MIA, but otherwise in good shape. I should have those issues taken care of this weekend.

$30 cash out the door. ;)

Hi all, my brother used to own a Mac 10 -10 and he was going through some old stuff and found the owners Manual book number 91015. There is also a Supplement to owners manual it is for THE PRO 10-10 & 7-10A book number 88142 R1. if you would like to own these send me $100.00 and its yours......... Or send me a pm with your address and I will give it to you ,...which ever works for you ! Jeff

Gday all. I'm a noob to this forum so please be gentle. Just wondering if you guys could help me ID an old Mcculloch chain saw? Any plate with a model number appears to be long gone. It's from the 70 or 80s and is Australian, but I know that doesn't help much. I'd love to get this old girl going but as you can see it's severely lacking a carburetor. Not really sure what else needs to be done with it yet. Any help would be appreciated.IMG_20140720_230246_186.jpg IMG_20140720_230143_558.jpg IMG_20140720_230155_638.jpg IMG_20140720_230210_567.jpg IMG_20140720_230224_123.jpg

Short clutch cover with chain brake and no anti-vibe suggests either 7-10 or Pro Mac 55 or Pro Mac 60 but I don't see the compression release on the head. I suppose it could be a more ordinary 10-10A but that would not be nearly as interesting. I'm not sure what is going on with the wire and such running across the bottom.

That one is pretty rough.

Mark

That short clutch cover doesn't match the padded handle. It's had parts replaced at some point.

I agree with mark, it's pretty rough. I wouldn't try to revive that saw. I'd just keep it for parts and get another saw that wouldn't require so much money to restore.

Joey

Where's your sense of adventure guys? if I was going to have to a crack at getting it running, where's the best (cheapest) to carby?

I thought it was a 10-10 too. Any vague idea of when it would have been produced?

Thanks for the replies.

that is a 55cc engine. look at the two round exhaust ports. 70cc has a large single port. It is recoverable but all the little knic-kacks you are missing would add up fast. I bet the bearings and cylinder are rusty with the muffler and carb missing.

that is a 55cc engine. look at the two round exhaust ports. 70cc has a large single port. It is recoverable but all the little knic-kacks you are missing would add up fast. I bet the bearings and cylinder are rusty with the muffler and carb missing.

Good catch Steve. I missed that.

But....it's 54 cc

Haha just messin with ya.

Anybody know where a guy might locate a 1-52? My grandfather had one and cut a lot of logs with it. He had his first heart attack trying to start that sob after a hot soak. My father left it behind when we moved, he hated that saw. I would very much like to own a running example in honor of all the hard work my grandfather did in his life. I understand that this model was only made for one year so it might be kind of hard to find, I would be looking for a non-running example that I could fix and get running myself in order to keep price down. Thanks guys :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back