McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure what you mean by "short" but it is a bit taller than the one on a 10 10 I have. I have a no chain brake SP60 that has the same cover as the SP81. I also have an SP60 with the chain brake, just hate to take parts off good saws. I have yet to put gas in the SP81 but I think there is hope for this one. Thanks for the reply!

The one on this SP81 is the style of the 7-10 in the picture. It does have the full wrap handle. The saw was sold as "stuck" but a little oil and gentle crank turning and it came unstuck and seems to have good compression and the cylinder looks nice. Paint is rough but I'm not concerned with that now.

The flywheel cover from the smaller displacement saws will fit the larger SP models but you need to add a couple of holes to secure it solidly to the larger saw chassis. There is one extra mounting hole in the bottom of the cover...

2.JPG

And one extra hole in the top.

3.JPG

The clutch cover will interchange without any fuss.

I have SP models with the full wrap and with and without the brake. There is a wider full wrap handle to be used with the brake, otherwise the clutch cover will not come off.

DSCN5750.JPG

SP80 Narrow.JPG

Mark

Mac. 10-10 auto returned to the runner catagorey! Oiler doesn't seem to be outputting well but running again. We will see if she hydro locks again with the oil pump spring clip.

Brian

Tuned pretty good now. Had to fill the oil and pump manual oiler about 30 times to make oil fly. At least that works.
524ddc361d426ab7458f2e3b75249705.jpg

Brian

mac 55 pol 4000 006.JPG mac 55 pol 4000 011.JPG mac 55 pol 4000 005.JPG mac 55 pol 4000 007.JPG mac 55 pol 4000 009.JPG anybody need a model 55 for parts? mostly there. has spark. coil can be fixed. . hl carb.gearbox clean, no rust. muffler shot. see pics.yours for the ride. mac 55 pol 4000 006.JPG
the saw is in ohio, zip 44116 and weighs 22lbs. according to acres site.

Ok, thats who you are, and yes that polished cover looked familiar but the bar was a bit more significant. We were at Powerland last weekend and will be there tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back