McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make sure you put a little grease under the bushing to minimize friction...and change that bar.

Mark
I made sure to grease the bushing. And yes, I'm working on changing the bar. Hopefully will pick up a new one today... a 36" Stihl to make the proportions a bit more in line.[emoji16]

Test fit with a 36", and how I modded the oiler port. Also made a plug for the carb adjustment. Turned out pretty well I think. EPDM and some contact adhesive was all I used for the plug. It all fits together very nicely, and will hopefully get tested in some wood tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
4a028a1c7b8ab8331fc0369bd8460aac.jpg
11776adf189be3e07aeca6a02bc1d706.jpg
de41f00438259d3198ba343f07491e21.jpg
b1a7a1bac819f29bad1300751e2fde00.jpg

I love how you guys are all eying sp125s and the like and sad little me is estatic about a dinky little 250 lol. Trust me, I love the sp125s also, but you have to start small right?

got 797 here. 7-10 & 10-10 see more use. no replacement for displacement when ya wanna put smile on yer face, tho.

Hey Mark,

I might be interested. What you askin?

Side Note: anyone have a electronic ignition coil that would fit an 8200?

The first one is a Super 44, 80 cc version of the early hot rod saws by McCulloch. The D-44 was 72 cc, Super 44 80 cc, and the Super 44A 87 cc. By the way, the Air Filter cover is on backwards.

McCulloch D-44 Family 3.JPG

The D44 had a stamped AF cover rather than the cast one like the Super and SA, the Super 44A normally had the "hockey mask" cover over the air intake on the flywheel cover.

The other saw is a peculiar adaptation of the venerable 33/35/39 series saws. To make a direct drive version they had to lay the power head down on its side and ended up with the bar on the left hand side to make it spin the right direction.

Here is a rough 35 A with a few broken/missing bits. There is a bevel gear box on the front of the saw and the bar is pitched up at an odd angle.

McCulloch 35 3.JPG

There were many different attachments available for these saws, spur reduction drives for auger bits, a direct drive drill with Jacobs chuck, ice auger/earth auger, brush cutter, and the bow bar.

Super33.jpg

IMG_1234.JPG

IMAG0088.jpg

DSC02831.JPG

Mc Drill Le Sabre 1.jpg

Mark

Mark - problem being nobody in FL seems to own those saws. Anybody have a coil like that laying around?

That's impressive. Thank you for the info. I'll correct that air filter cover. I got a bunch of Macs in a group buy. Noticed some to have an odd design. Very neat though. Also in the lot was a pair of super 33s. Also very interesting.

Back