McCulloch XM-40 Xtreme MC1840DK

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fettlst

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used one of these McCulloch? if so how good are they? i know there not a high end saw but. thanks

That is about the same as the wild thingy, just different colors. I have read the NE wildthingy is hot though.:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Who make these for Mac? ive saw a Yard machine that looks just like the saw just red. Thanks
I think they are made by the same company that makes Troy built saws and that would be in China?
Keep plastic away from children and pregnant women only use with ppe.

That is about the same as the wild thingy, just different colors. I have read the NE wildthingy is hot though.:jawdrop: :jawdrop:
At least the Wild thing is made in the U.S ( I think?)I have a 2550 kinda like a wild thing with anti vibe it's been good to me.Except the time I through it down a mountain:greenchainsaw:

the newer mccullochs are made by MTD but AYP is taking over the mcculloch line from mtd yes american yard products is buying mcculloch from mtd found that out the other day when i was talking to a distributor and yes currently the parts are made in china

Electrolux owns Husqvarna AYP Poulan and so on so just letting you know that as well

Last edited:
They're pure crap. Probably one of the worst saws you can buy, period. You would be better off with a Poulan, or even better, buy a Real McCulloch off of Ebay.

Pretty sad...

Many years ago when someone bought a Mcculloch they was one of the top saws made in the US.Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the 10-10 was the biggist seller,,I think they sold over a million of em..Shame they sold out and now the new ones,, I just dont like em...They can keep their flames and fancy paint....The older Macs will always be the real Mccoy to me....

Back