Me ( 13 years old ) running my first brand new saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188535

Chainsaw-wielding middle-schooler
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was originally going to go for the 170. But I settled on this instead. I thought I was going to wait until my birthday to buy it, but then I realized how much money I was making with my businesses. I'm hoping to have a full carving setup before the end of summer. I also attached a video.

Attachments

• 20230508_201642.mp4
    32.4 MB
Congratulations Young Man! As the talent pool gets shallower, as young guys lose out on the art of the wrench, you have goals, and require tools. However, you have the #1 choice to start with. Use that saw until you understand it......

Practice your craft, before bloating your work bench. Good Luck.

I have a local guy that carves big logs. He prefers an electric saw. Instant start, quieter, gobs of power, etc.

I'd do as C.Bruce says. Just work that saw. Lots to learn, so no sense in overloading yourself with tools you don't really need, or at least at this point.

And remember to post pictures of your carvings.

GET YOUR safety gear and training, use it religiously. Injured, maimed, or killed is NOT the GOAL. Good luck, stay safe.

Back