Merry Christmas......... So what did you get?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New Carhartt Arctic jacket (why do these things shrink away after a couple years?)

Couple shirts, My #1 Son got me a nice bolt organizer, and a cool set of bins with rack.

Should help keep things organized as I have 5 saws tore apart on the bench right now.

Got the Wife a new camcorder and tripod (can you say vids comin')

Going to have a brand new Grand Daughter any day now, that one trumps 'em all.

Happy Holidays!

mo

My mom got me a new pair of Labonville chaps. I have gotten a lot more safety conscious since the new baby is on the way. The wife got me a pair of Carhart pants and a nice pair of work gloves.

I got a couple of saws, but am most proud of this. This is a 1970 Sears 10XL garden tractor that my father-in-law gave me. It was his father's before that. I don't plan on using it to mow, but will use it as a little tractor for my 3 year old son and me to play on. It has the original 10hp Tecumseh and runs like a top. I don't know how they rated hp back then, but it makes a whole lot more power than some modern 16-18hp motors.

PC260144.jpg

I got a Cabela's $150 gift card, a couple other gift cards for local stores, a Fiskar Super Splitter, some fishing lures,shirts,socks, but the best gift was to spend time with my family. My dad's going through cancer treatment so every minute I get to spend with him is priceless. Happy New Year everyone.

Odd Christmas here: We had to celebrate 4 days early because the stepkids
had to be back in Seattle on Chrstmas day...definitely strange.

We did get a fresh 7 inches of snow, so at least it was a white Christmas.

We watched old movies(It's a Wonderful Life, A Christmas Carol, Mircacle on 34th st), & enjoyed the falling snow & fireplace:bowdown:

I think the wife was trying to tell me something.I got new underwear and I tried them on for fit:hmm3grin2orange:

attachment.php

Also got some extra protection for the snow blower.

attachment.php

I got a JVC video camera. I've been after one for awhile but kept spending all my "extra" cash on saws..........

We had a great Christmas, everyone had a good time eating and visiting.

I'm a little sore in my right shoulder, not from working though!

I've been playing Wii with my grandkids all day. Now that was fun. :laugh:

Just spent a bit of my Christmas money at Bailey's!

Got myself a 24" Windsor Speed Tip with 3/8x0.58 chain for my 385, a big dog kit for the 385, a few new wedges, and a Husqvarna 4lb splitting axe. The axe should fit nicely under the back seat of my Dodge (those nifty fold up seat storage compartments) and the 24" b/c should balance nicely on my 385 as opposed to the monstrosity of a 36" on it now.

Got me a redbull hoodie, and a coffee mug. Did have some xmas cash but i spent it all on bar oil, files, kero for the garage heater, Carb kit for the snowblower, and a new felling wedge. hehehe.

Dang i look young in this picture!!

attachment.php

Besides a bunch of gift cards, the wifey got me a bag full of Stihl goodies, wedges, bar oil, etc. Also one of those portable 12V chain grinders. All my life I have sharpened by hand, so I dunno about the sharpener. Looks kind of cheesy, anybody use one?

I got a lowes gift card, creeper for the shop, a couple tall jack stands, some screwdrivers, a craftsman torque wrench, one of those metal burning pits for the yard, some clothes, cash, shotgun shells, adidas superstar II shoes, and some liquor and candy.

Latest posts

Back