Michigan guys

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abohac

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
How did you like this mornings forecast? Doesn't sound like a ton of fun in the woods next week (figures I have two weeks off).

I am in West Michigan and the weather does not look very good for the next 24-36 hours.

On the bright side, Saturday doesnt look to bad although it sounds like the day will be spent moving snow and not tromping through the woods.

I was going to spend alot of time on the ice, but that may change now. I sure hope it misses us. I have a big ash tree that I want to take down but the 20 inches of snow we had is now compacted to 15 inches and real heavy , makes it kinda hard to get thru.

I"ll be off the two weeks also and was hoping to use the Gator to haul longer pieces of trees from the back of the property to the splitter. Looks like I'll be making a lot of trips with chunks loaded onto the ice fishing sled. Lots and lots of trips - at least I get to work off all the Christmas snacks. Have fun and be safe in the deep snow. The forecast is 8-10" in North Oakland County between midnite and 5pm.

looks like fun in the snow

don't really need to munch more snow , they say its coming, I will be ready.TEDMI

000_0364.jpg

000_0408.jpg

I am between Lake City and Houghton Lake and I hope I am far enough North that we only get the 3 to 5 inch stuff

How did you like this mornings forecast? Doesn't sound like a ton of fun in the woods next week (figures I have two weeks off).

I feel your pain. I'll be off for 2 weeks also. Only been to the woods once since Nov. 15th. I really have to satisfy the need to run a chainsaw & lay waste to standing timber!

It doesn't help that the firewood is starting to run low either. :laugh:

Even if the snow is up to my ass, I WILL cut wood!

Ed

I don't mind the snow so much as the wind and mud. I am actually looking forward to the snow.

Looks like there will be a snow day for the kids just before Christmas break.

There is so much dead ash and elm around we will never get it all cut up.

Man we have so much snow up here around the Gaylord area
I haven't been able to get back in the woods since around Dec. 1st....all the side roads are snowmobile only I guess if you have a front end loader or a large tractor/ skidder you could make you way around but with 2-3 ft of snow on the ground its pretty much done with cutting for the season for me at least.

Ann Arbor Area

I hate cutting in the snow but I will be working big fence row stuff no matter. What ever happened to Global Warming, maybe I have not burned enough wood to destroy the environment yet.

Husky http://arboristsite.com/images/smilies/cheers.gif395 XP 36 inch

Sounds like fun stuff to me! It's a shame that I won't be around for the holidays to enjoy it...heading south, where it is still 60*+. Oh well. Hopefully it will still be around when I get back around New Years, and I can head up north for some snow shoeing or something.

Definitely looks like I'll be out tonight shoveling the sidewalks before it gets heavy...remind me why I gave my snowblower away, despite being responsible for multiple neighbors' walks and drives?

I've also got the next 2 weeks off. Have some inside projects planned, putting tile on the bathroom floor, but was hoping to get out and cut some wood as well. Usually use my truck to haul wood from the woods so I guess we'll see how she does.

Meh.....

It's been snowing off and on for the last several days thanks to lake effect.

I'm in the woods anyhoo, and can push up a path to wherever I need to cut with the tractor.

What does irk me a bit, is a big dump keeps me from pruning the Blueberry patch. Normally this time of year I'd be almost done pruning, but this year the crowns are covered already.

On the next warm up, I'm going to have to drop everything, guzzle down a dozen Red bulls, and just prune untill I drop.
I hate Marathons with the Loppers!

Also have a pile of Logs to cut at my Cousins place, that I can't get at with the truck, So it's gonna be a Skidding festival.

In the end, it beats the alternative.
Skeeters, Mud, and Poison Ivy!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

plenty of snow here in the thumb,its been quite a winter and its not technically winter yet. not to bad in the woods though its nice to drop trees in the snow and cut them up without jabbing the saw in the dirt would be nice to get a warm stretch to be able to wash up some farm equipment

Today is my last day of work till jan 6th. My Central Boiler will be delivered tomorrow and I should have it up and running tomorrow night or early saturday. I sure hope the weather takes it easy on the north.:cheers:

Latest posts

Back