Michigan guys

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
plenty of snow here in the thumb,its been quite a winter and its not technically winter yet. not to bad in the woods though its nice to drop trees in the snow and cut them up without jabbing the saw in the dirt would be nice to get a warm stretch to be able to wash up some farm equipment

I agree on a warm spot for a couple days to blast off some impliments.

I was almost done with fall tilling when things froze, so the Rotovator still is packed, and both Tractors have frozen caked Mud on them.

Yech!!!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I have plenty of wood to keep the old OWB stoked all winter long...let er snow!
Guess if I really get the need to go cut I can strap chains on the tractor and go where I need.
Stay safe everyone!

The only thing I love more than snow is MORE snow :rock: News said 14" here from thurs night to fri, but I hope that's only the start! :D

In preperation for tomorrow the wife is haulin' wood in as I type this. Sucks I wrenched my back cutting wood last week. Got to take it easy for a while. Though I'll be out of wood by next week, so back to it I go I guess.

:greenchainsaw:

just waiting for more snow. Thinking about going to the shop to wash my pick-up so it looks pretty:clap: plowing snow(for myself). As far as snow removal we have a 9220 with a 12' Degelman blade and couple front end loaders. I say bring it on.:rock: Only thing not cleaned yet is the CaseIH and disc. which were waiting to finish tillage. Deep snow or should I say drifts can be a mess when I am tryn' to spread lime. I think that I almost enjoy driving my spreader truck more than a ported & polished chainsaw.
Truck sounds real nice with a straight pipe and gotta love that road hum at 50 mph.

attachment.php

SW MI is supposed to get hammered in the early morning hours, up to 10" of heavy snow on the way in.

I say bring it on, I could use a good winter storm.

SW MI is supposed to get hammered in the early morning hours, up to 10" of heavy snow on the way in.

I say bring it on, I could use a good winter storm.

LOL!!!!

I just parked the Truck in the Chemical Barn after bringing up half a cord.

A thought hit me on the way back up.

All of us here are civic minded and have 4WD wood haulers and such, and there is a bunch of us from Michigan.

If this storm gets stupid ugly, anybody else here fetch grocerys for snowbound folks, clear remote secondary roads so emergency crews can get in and that sort of thing?

Just wondering.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

The only thing I love more than snow is MORE snow :rock: News said 14" here from thurs night to fri, but I hope that's only the start! :D

Nuzzy,

Did you get a plow/Blower/tractor yet??

Or are you planning on a ski trip? LOL!!

Stay Safe!
Dingeryote

just waiting for more snow. Thinking about going to the shop to wash my pick-up so it looks pretty:clap: plowing snow(for myself). As far as snow removal we have a 9220 with a 12' Degelman blade and couple front end loaders. I say bring it on.:rock: Only thing not cleaned yet is the CaseIH and disc. which were waiting to finish tillage. Deep snow or should I say drifts can be a mess when I am tryn' to spread lime. I think that I almost enjoy driving my spreader truck more than a ported & polished chainsaw.
Truck sounds real nice with a straight pipe and gotta love that road hum at 50 mph.

attachment.php

Where is your farm located? How many acers do you guys farm?

Thats a nice lime truck.

Kind of a crappy year to be doing any kind of tilling isnt it :cry: We were going to start no-tilling all our corn this year, but we needed to deep rip everything first, but with all the rain this fall that isnt going to happen.

That is where I bought mine also. I live North East of where he is located. I just looked outside and the sky is full of stars no clouds to be seen

:laugh:
Where is your farm located? How many acers do you guys farm?

Thats a nice lime truck.

Kind of a crappy year to be doing any kind of tilling isnt it :cry: We were going to start no-tilling all our corn this year, but we needed to deep rip everything first, but with all the rain this fall that isnt going to happen.

We farm North of the "D" and just enough to keep us busy :laugh:. I spread all of fertilizer with it also, tied into our management zones with gps, yada,yada. It is nice to punch in material density and rate, with the end result being 99.9% accurate. I can tell you with a tenth of an acre when the last piece of fert. will leave my beaters if I am watching my IPAC and not the lightbar. I have to give credit to FarmWorks and Raven for that.

Nuzzy,

Did you get a plow/Blower/tractor yet??

Or are you planning on a ski trip? LOL!!

Stay Safe!
Dingeryote

Almost and yes :D

I told the dealer I wanted to test drive it to make sure everything is working like it should and have them install the blower so I can verify it works right and won't need anything immediate. They said they'd get it ready for me today, but apparently were too swamped. Hopefully they'll call tomorrow so I can go check it out. I'm taking my trade in mower down there so if all looks good, I'll be bringing the new old unit home :clap:

And I think we're going skiing on Sunday :rock:

And I guess they downgraded our snow amount to 10" :cry:

Hope it piles up with the next storm to come through :biggrinbounce2:

Left the house at 4:30 no snow at all until I got about 15 miles south,couldnt hardy see the road it was snowing so hard.

Weather is looking horrible this morning. So much for that global warming crap! Time to bust out the Cub Cadet and go to work.

attachment.php

Bah.... Nothing like they were predicting. I drove my wife to work from Plainwell to Allegan and it wasn't that bad at all. Heck, I was doing 45 down M222. Guess the ice stayed mostly below Kalamazoo. Was looking forward to doing some scrounging and firing up the saws....

Chris

Nice 'ol AC you got there, tdb.
What model Cub is that fbh?

And to add insult to injury...you guys are sending that crap weather east!..expecting it Sat. night thru Sunday...Thanks!
:dizzy: :dizzy:

Back