Mid West Ice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a good pick and I don't care who you are

Prolly a little off topic but this customer called me asking me to put him on the list for clean up and thanked me profusely for taking this one and two others out from over his house back in Oct. Nothing touched his house. I've had a half dozen previous clients call me and tell me the same. He was one of the smart ones (and lucky ones) who took care of the hazard before the ice hit. It pays to take care of your trees before trouble hits... Pay me now or pay me double later...

Yes, I wear a helmet these days for you safety guys out there.

http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/dino195/?action=view&current=Crane.flv

If there is any help needed I'm a college student on Christmas break ready and willing to travel to help out. Also have a brother who is a climber. ISA certified tree worker, saws, climbing equipment, pole saws and pruners. Just send me a PM.

How to get work?

I was in Springfield, Mo for the ice storm and we had work but it was not that easy to come by. I am thinking of going to St. Joseph, MO or Jefferson City, MO and would like some advice for the best ways to get work. Thanks

good thing too man. the way you were cutting that piece i could only imagine what wouldve happened to ya if it flipped on ya. stay safe man.

why not cut those pieces from the ground if you dont mind me asking? it did have leaders growing at chest height right?

anyway good stuff. thanks for the vid.

oldirty

Leaders where 20' off the ground. That was filmed from the roof. It was a Hackberry that was swayed back over the house and and splitting over. It was a serious hazard to the home. It was the second largest I took down that day from over the house.

And believe me, I know where every piece is going.

I have some crane footage from today if I ever get time to post it I will.

"why not cut those pieces from the ground if you dont mind me asking? it did have leaders growing at chest height right?"

Nope, had to cut it from between an 8' fence...

10_10_200711_31AM_0001.jpg

Leaders where 20' off the ground. That was filmed from the roof. It was a Hackberry that was swayed back over the house and and splitting over. It was a serious hazard to the home. It was the second largest I took down that day from over the house.

And believe me, I know where every piece is going.

I have some crane footage from today if I ever get time to post it I will.

mustve been vid from a different tree. i was watching one of your vids and thought it was this tree in this thread. it looked as if it was the perfect candidate for a "sling it high and cut it low" type of tree.

not knockn ya man. good luck with the storm damage.

oldirty

Eager to work the storms, as well

We can bring a fully equipped service truck: saws, ropes, rigging gear, climbing gear, generator, etc. I have 3-4 experienced men willing to travel west to help with the ice storm cleanup. We are in NE Ohio, so closer East is best (Illinois, Missouri or Iowa ?) but will travel to OKLAHOMA:chainsaw: if we must. If the work is there, we can also bring a truck crane (18 ton) with a 5th man.

Does anyone have contact names, numbers, etc for us to line up some work?

I will apppreciate any help. Thanks. This is my first post here (I think).
Buck Moran
Buck Moran's Tree & Landscape
Akron, OH
800-697-9797

Just got back, toured three states. Kansas, Misery, and Okie.

Killed so many weeds it was silly.

The long story short is found in the chuckle I got when I noticed my bird dog from Empire had Empire Vegetation Control on the side of his truck.

From my analysis, I would never have believed they had such a division. What an embarassment it must be to have soo many see such lack of regard for basic clearance.

Have fun cleaning up the mess boys, my jobs done...until next time. :chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back