Miller Mod Saws and the Echo CS-500P

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, it is a generic audio processing program called Audacity.

So you are using a "free" software program that is using data supplied by a device that is not optimized as a recording device and this is transmitted over the web and you claim it is more accurate than a high speed device counting electrical impulses.....lulz.......

So you are using a "free" software program that is using data supplied by a device that is not optimized as a recording device and this is transmitted over the web and you claim it is more accurate than a high speed device counting electrical impulses.....lulz.......
That's what I'm using, as outlined in detail last year. However, I never made any claims of relative accuracy because that's not a pissing contest I'm dumb enough to get into (although you're welcome to knock yourself out).

However, I will caution you that if you're going to go after the accuracy of the reading I got, then you will have to explain how my reading matched his on the second video of it doing 2-3sec cuts on some little branch. And while you're at it, maybe you can explain how it runs the same rpm doing 2-3sec cuts on a little branch as it does cutting a chunk of hedge?

Here's the plot of the 2nd (now deleted) video. I got 11,580rpm. The tach was bouncing around so much it was almost unreadable but mostly read between 10,000 and 12,000 rpm:

CS500P-11k.png

You wanna borrow a shovel?

Well, I've had enough fun for the evening. I'm sure you'll have something else easily refuted by tomorrow.

Good thing these are running more. As you see it going threw that hedge there maintaining 11600-11800 pretty good. Dog it in and pull it threw you'll pull them down to the 11200 range. :)

I'm afraid it's only running 9,500 to 10,000rpm in that video. Below is a sample from the first cut, but they're all pretty similar.

I was not implying that you didn't do a good job with it at all. It's just that when you start with a 50cc saw that has porting as compromised as this one (in order to avoid paying for the rights to use strato) along with a WT of limited size, it takes a lot of mods to make it work well. I know some want to believe Echo has some magic formula and really smart engineers that allows them to do so much better than those saws that need strato to meet emissions, but the reality shows otherwise. With a lot of work you've made this a decent saw.

View attachment 482921

That's what I'm using, as outlined in detail last year. However, I never made any claims of relative accuracy because that's not a pissing contest I'm dumb enough to get into (although you're welcome to knock yourself out).

However, I will caution you that if you're going to go after the accuracy of the reading I got, then you will have to explain how my reading matched his on the second video of it doing 2-3sec cuts on some little branch. And while you're at it, maybe you can explain how it runs the same rpm doing 2-3sec cuts on a little branch as it does cutting a chunk of hedge?

Here's the plot of the 2nd (now deleted) video. I got 11,580rpm. The tach was bouncing around so much it was almost unreadable but mostly read between 10,000 and 12,000 rpm:

View attachment 484023

You wanna borrow a shovel?

Naw, you've got a good grip on that shovel right now.

Please notice above where you claimed that your reading of 9500-10000 was more accurate than a tach reading of 11,600-11,800. By your own admission you claim that in the second recording you were right on to what the tach was reading. Very different reading in one video and similar in the second. By my deduction you are admitting that your system is not nearly as accurate as a tach.

Now for the 6th time, what are your credentials? As previously stated there are some who are tired of hearing your mouth and now is the time to back it up.

Well, I've had enough fun for the evening. I'm sure you'll have something else easily refuted by tomorrow.
Do you just make **** up as you go???
Seriously..
I don't care what your latest app is..
Neither does anyone else..
The saw runs an ass load more rpm's than it did stock..
Be it 10,500 or 11,480...
Mine may run 9k in the cut with a dull chain..
They're that slow!

I have no skin in the game but...

I could care less about your background or if you have a degree. What are the references for your +/- 50% accuracy claim? Calculations?

Chris PA, you lost a lot of cred in this thread. That fact that you dismiss someone's extensive experience and knowledge shows that your locked into your data and gives me serious doubt about the accuracy of your numbers. I would have asked, "hey old guy, do you know something that could improve my generic internet program?" Maybe you need to download a few more generic programs and prove your numbers. I'd also like to know if the numbers change when you run the video again and what is the variance.

I can only assume that the +/- 50% was bait and you took it hook, line, and sinker because your not old enough to know better yet.

I think it's best you only post in the "My chainsaw won't start" threads because after this thread, someone would have to be a total newb to trust you technical knowledge.

I have no skin in the game but...

Chris PA, you lost a lot of cred in this thread. That fact that you dismiss someone's extensive experience and knowledge shows that your locked into your data and gives me serious doubt about the accuracy of your numbers. I would have asked, "hey old guy, do you know something that could improve my generic internet program?" Maybe you need to download a few more generic programs and prove your numbers. I'd also like to know if the numbers change when you run the video again and what is the variance.

I can only assume that the +/- 50% was bait and you took it hook, line, and sinker because your not old enough to know better yet.

I think it's best you only post in the "My chainsaw won't start" threads because after this thread, someone would have to be a total newb to trust you technical knowledge.

REPPED :baaa:

Do you just make **** up as you go???
Seriously..
I don't care what your latest app is..
Neither does anyone else..
The saw runs an ass load more rpm's than it did stock..
Be it 10,500 or 11,480...
Mine may run 9k in the cut with a dull chain..
They're that slow!
Someone cared enough to keep asking what the program was to try to find a way to show the technique doesn't work, or we would not have been discussing it.

I never cared what the rpm was, as I said it's not the most important measure of performance. The stock saw worked as the timing and carb indicated it would. Carl got a lot more out of it. I gave him the real numbers because I thought it would be useful. He lost his cool, but still no big deal and I did not respond to him in kind.

The rest of this mess has nothing to do with Carl or the saw, rather the endless parade of d-bags here to intimidate, accuse, ridicule and to try to show that the info I gave Carl is wrong, all of which has failed. And you were the first of those to show up.

It is a shame what happened to Carl's thread, but it's hardly the first one I've seen ruined by the same crowd using the same tactics. The difference here is that you have nothing I want and there is nothing you can do.

you lost a lot of cred in this thread.
I've lost nothing that concerns me in the least.

You seem to be unaware of who is being trolled Scooter.

Well, It's certainly important to me to know what you think is best. :laughing: Welcome to the thread, it needed another one.

Christ PA,

I'm not trying to break you down but, if your going to post scientific data, you need to be a lot more scientific. What your posting is just a small slice of what needs to be posted. I'd be interested in your findings in this but all you've shown so far is the equivalent of throwing a dart at a wall of info.

Latest posts

Back