MillerModSaws and the PS-7910

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cut wood for a couple hours with my 375xp which I really like that saw too. It's a little lighter but it won't run with these boys. I'm shocked that with that big a difference in the numbers there's not an obvious difference in the way they run. Like I said. Hoping it will show with a bigger bar in bigger wood. Both saws need fine tuned. I am going to leave them just like they are and take them to the charity cut and get some opinions. Lol.

I cut wood for a couple hours with my 375xp which I really like that saw too. It's a little lighter but it won't run with these boys. I'm shocked that with that big a difference in the numbers there's not an obvious difference in the way they run. Like I said. Hoping it will show with a bigger bar in bigger wood. Both saws need fine tuned. I am going to leave them just like they are and take them to the charity cut and get some opinions. Lol.
you can send me one free and i will let you now in a few years lmao

Carl are you bringing these the the charity cut in KCMO Sat I can provide a 24 ,28 or a 34" bar for testing let me know.
I have a 24 and 28 but my next bar is a 36. I think gritz is bringing a 30. If you could bring the 34 well give it a couple slices. We won't run it much I just want to see if I can make these numbers pop.

It's very interesting on two saws built differently run similar....I think your doing the right thing in testing/comparing in bigger wood. They both undoughtably run good but now to find each saws nitch. In building saws you could offer two types of builds for what type of use the saw will mostely see......thats pretty cool!!!!

I think the Dolmars are way underratted for what they can do stock and what they can do moddified.

I talked to randy last night and while I'm going to nail this saw down a little more. I think he is on to something. As the exhaust & trans are very important. But from just intial testing It maybe the intake height and just the opening up of this saw that's the ticket. Like I said this is just initial thought. More testing will tell. I am interested to get the bigger bars on these as I do feel it will open the numbers up a bit. Then the question will be. Is it the exhaust height or the blow down. I can tell you both of these saws even ported this far apart are awesome.

I have a 24 and 28 but my next bar is a 36. I think gritz is bringing a 30. If you could bring the 34 well give it a couple slices. We won't run it much I just want to see if I can make these numbers pop.

Yep, and we'll make a little exodus over to where that huge locust is that I cut a couple weeks ago. It will give those bad boys a workout for sure!

Someone (me) needs chain sharpening lessons. Lmao. I watched hedgerow run saw 2 with a 32" bar and saw saw 1 with jacked 28" and a good 24". Not sure his opinion but it will pull a 32" but I would say the 24 or 28 combo is where it's at for this saw. I have 1 more saw on its way to throw into the mix I am going to put 103 with 30 bd in it and compare. Drop saw 2 to 105 with 28 bd. Depending on what I see there I will decide what works best for me. Then I will play with advancing the timing just a bit. Then we should have some final numbers. But i agree with hedgerow. I would not be afraid to send either of these saws to a customer. Unless there gonna run them against hedgerows 7900. Lol.

Back