MillerModSaws and the PS-7910

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't get much done tonight. Had to go cut some wood. I had my 2 main saws listed on the trading post and now there headed to new homes. So I had to break out the old stockers. Lmao. I better hurry and get my hybrid done.

Attachments

• 20150304_161606.jpg
    20150304_161606.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 38
Someone (me) needs chain sharpening lessons. Lmao. I watched hedgerow run saw 2 with a 32" bar and saw saw 1 with jacked 28" and a good 24". Not sure his opinion but it will pull a 32" but I would say the 24 or 28 combo is where it's at for this saw. I have 1 more saw on its way to throw into the mix I am going to put 103 with 30 bd in it and compare. Drop saw 2 to 105 with 28 bd. Depending on what I see there I will decide what works best for me. Then I will play with advancing the timing just a bit. Then we should have some final numbers. But i agree with hedgerow. I would not be afraid to send either of these saws to a customer. Unless there gonna run them against hedgerows 7900. Lol.
file the rakers to .20 when you sharpen the chain :yes:

Ok boys the results are in and I'm ready for your opinions. Remember I still have to mess with the timing. That said I ran the crap out of both saws tonight. I had to give saw 2 almost 1/4 more on the high needle after going to 102/131. But this us what I got. Both saws run super hard and I don't think you can go wrong with either but I started a crappy thread here a while back about torque vs chain speed and here's what I was after in that thread. Both saws would run a consistent 14-15 sec time in the wood.

But i could tell a difference. The 27 bd saw liked 11800 in the wood but took a light hand to keep it there. The 29 bd saw hung out at 11400 but would hold that even better than the 27 bd saw would. So when I was racing them if you just let the saw run threw the wood the 27 bd would win. If you dawged in the 29 bd saw would win. And it seemed like you could pull the saw down a little further and it would recover nicer. All in all it is really hard for me to pick a winner cause they will both cut the wood in the same time it's all in how you run the saw. Please give me your opinions and thought.

I'd lean more toward torque for a general set of numbers as most guys are heavy handed. Nice job ! Ken

I agree with that, I've been running ported saws for some time now, and have been through plenty, but naturally I am ham fisted, and I suck at running saws in the top of their powerband. I hate a saw that I dawg in and I stall, even though it may be faster to a guy with experience.

Latest posts

Back