Minnesota tree hacks?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prentice110

SpongeBob Fap Pants
Reaction score
Alright, I just gotta know, how bad is it in Minn that every year more and more of these guys are comin to my hood and knockin on doors? There were three last year and a new one just came down last week.

I thought for years Texas was the winner as for as the number of door knockers and hacks went until an old extremely well traveled contract climber told me I just hadn't been around. He claimed the PNW would get honorable mention as a region but if you got it down to just one State, it would be Mini-soda.

By the way, just wanted to add this is not an insult to any one in Minn. The individuals Im refering to are spiking trims up and down without a climbing line, no ppe whatsoever. Absolute top quality cuts(dog ears, rips, stubs.). I just want to know what the "treeconomy" is like up there on a good year. Like what the average hourly rates range from.

I'm their neighbor to the west and I can maybe tell you why they go looking for work elsewhere - long friggin winters. Come spring, we're hungry from hybernation!

I'm their neighbor to the west and I can maybe tell you why they go looking for work elsewhere - long friggin winters. Come spring, we're hungry from hybernation!

Winter is one thing, but why are these guys comin down in june, and stayin till november? Those hotels aint cheap. Ever heard of "special Ed"? As big as that state is some of these guys know each other. Must be some convention where they tell each other the hot spots. How about S and R. Sean something. He told me he goes all over the country all year long. must be someone whos heard of him. When he was here in 01', they couldnt find a dump, so they went down the road with there box up and left a half mile chip trail on hillside road. Made a real bad name for our whole Industry while they were here.

yWhen he was here in 01', they couldnt find a dump, so they went down the road with there box up and left a half mile chip trail on hillside road.

Yeah they think that's old school stuff. We caught some guys from up that way doing that in Dallas about 15 years ago. I got the last laugh though when their ring leader drank about half a longneck of my piss at The Ace Of Clubs before he knew what it was. Wish he was reading this, maybe he is.

Yeah they think that's old school stuff. We caught some guys from up that way doing that in Dallas about 15 years ago. I got the last laugh though when their ring leader drank about half a longneck of my piss at The Ace Of Clubs before he knew what it was. Wish he was reading this, maybe he is.

LMAO! thats how your suppose to treat them hacks. Too bad you couldnt crap in thier dinner too.

Winter is one thing, but why are these guys comin down in june, and stayin till november? Those hotels aint cheap. Ever heard of "special Ed"? As big as that state is some of these guys know each other. Must be some convention where they tell each other the hot spots. How about S and R. Sean something. He told me he goes all over the country all year long. must be someone whos heard of him. When he was here in 01', they couldnt find a dump, so they went down the road with there box up and left a half mile chip trail on hillside road. Made a real bad name for our whole Industry while they were here.

I am pretty sure that S&R was in our town. Within the last 2 years I remember seeing 2 different companies around town that were not from here. One company had a really nice chip truck and a nice big chipper on back. The other one had crap for equipment.

I often wonder what other companies think of us when we travel. We do work 1.5 to 2 hours to the north sometimes. We travel there because my partner, his wife, and my wife are from there so we get up there a couple times a year to do some work. We always see the local guys staring at us when we go up.

Once we were doing a couple of removals for my uncle by Milwaukee and a local guy came to us and asked who we were and why we were there. He seemed kind of ticked that we were on "his turf". He settled down after I told him that it was my uncle and that we were from 1 hour north.

I am pretty sure that S&R was in our town. Within the last 2 years I remember seeing 2 different companies around town that were not from here. One company had a really nice chip truck and a nice big chipper on back. The other one had crap for equipment.

I often wonder what other companies think of us when we travel. We do work 1.5 to 2 hours to the north sometimes. We travel there because my partner, his wife, and my wife are from there so we get up there a couple times a year to do some work. We always see the local guys staring at us when we go up.

Once we were doing a couple of removals for my uncle by Milwaukee and a local guy came to us and asked who we were and why we were there. He seemed kind of ticked that we were on "his turf". He settled down after I told him that it was my uncle and that we were from 1 hour north.

If the local companies were doing thier job the HO wouldnt find out of towners to do the work. I've been to towns where there was just lack of options and they were glad to see real certified arborist come to do trees the right way. Turf!! what a load of crap. this is a free country. Its funny how we're suppose to support fellow americans but when you travel soon as you get where your goin, someones always askin who are you?, where you from?, what you doin here? and all the crap that comes with the, im the best attitude.

Their. not thier. what the little red underline means. :hmm3grin2orange:

News alert, it's the same all over the country. especially now, in this f-ed up economy. :deadhorse:
stay home and not work, or GO to work wherever you can. :cheers:

Their. not thier. what the little red underline means. :hmm3grin2orange:

lol your right. you should add english teacher next to your other professions.

I can barely do the job I got now. :laugh:

oh, wait a minute, no jobs...........................:dizzy:
none worth doing anyway. looking forward to working in Northern VA for awhile.

Finding work ain't easy

I have to work hard to keep my schedule full in a town where i have a good reputation and have established my company. I could not imagine it could be next to impossible to drum up work on the road.

If these guys can bounce from town to town getting work, I would like to know how.

I think it has something to do with the lack off good tree knowledge or expertise. Every HO(where i live farm country minnesota) seems to think that a tree is a big bush that they can do anything they want to it. We try to promote good tree practices but most people want the cheapest, quickest fix, and that's usually a hack in a bucket truck. I have been kicking around the idea of getting certified for a few years, but have come to the conclusion that no one cares around here, as long as you have a chainsaw and a rake your a tree expert. IT SUCKS.

Latest posts

Back