Minus -12f come on man!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just watching my daily dose of depression. Besides threatening 6-12" of white crap Thursday, they added this lovely map:

adyqu3yq.jpg

I attempted to walk to my wood pile today and the snow was still over my knees. That's after a 2" rain storm had settled it a few days ago. I did not go all he way to the ground as several early winter ice storms under the snow pack held my weight and prevented me from sinking all the way to dirt. Once I started hitting drifts up to my waist I turned around and went back to the house. Mud would look pretty good right about now.

I attempted to walk to my wood pile today and the snow was still over my knees. That's after a 2" rain storm had settled it a few days ago. I did not go all he way to the ground as several early winter ice storms under the snow pack held my weight and prevented me from sinking all the way to dirt. Once I started hitting drifts up to my waist I turned around and went back to the house. Mud would look pretty good right about now.

Well, okey dokey, you want mud, here ya go! Mud puddle also contains first tadpoles of the year.
Bonus pic, attack quackers and their first swim!

Attachments

• IMG_20140401_100834.jpg
    IMG_20140401_100834.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20140401_115614.jpg
    IMG_20140401_115614.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 26
They're already cancelling school for tomorrow... Is this **** going to ever end??

It will unless one of those super volcanoes goes, then it is years of winter straight. Bad news, extinction event maybe, for a lot of people anyway, no crops.

Of course on the bright side, you will have less mosquito season this year.

Also good if you sell firewood.

The snow is softening up, turning granular, but my nuts still get colder with every step. Most places in the bush it is above my waist. Hopefully the melt will come slow with a lot of wind to keep things dry. Hopefully the last run on the sled will be Easter weekend.

The "Environmentalists" want you to reduce the emissions on your wood stoves because they think you are contributing to "Global Warming". Tell me again what would be so bad about a little "Global Warming"? According to some internet research I did tonight there have been at least 5 major "Ice Ages" and we are still in the last one. In this most recent "Ice Age" there have been several periods of "Interglacial Warmings" of which this current one is NOT the warmest, nor does it have the highest CO2 levels. In the periods between the "Ice Ages" just about All of the glaciers melted, and in the "Tropical Paradise" that resulted (if you can call hiding out from T Rex a paradise) there were swamps, cypress trees, ferns, and Spanish Moss (and dinosaurs), Abundant Life, in Montana ( it looked like SE Louisiana). There was Greater Genetic Diversity than there is Now! The Mass Exterminations (Permian 90% of all life, Cretaceous about 75%) were not from "Global Warming" but from the advent of new "Ice Ages" precipitated probably by meteor impacts and/or volcanic activity ( for which we are overdue). Give me a better reason why I should not enjoy a nice fire tonight. We had a little cool front and the temp has plummeted to 52 degrees. If Yellowstone blows tomorrow I will have ENJOYED, with a clear conscience, at least one more night of contributing to the "Global Warming".

L-O-L
I still have piles of snow in the yard and a muddy driveway... yet this just in...

* Red flag warning remains in effect from noon today to 7 PM CDT
this evening for wind and low humidity for southeast Minnesota
and northeast Iowa...
* Wind... southwest at 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 35.
* Humidity... as low as 25 percent this afternoon.
* Temperatures... highs mostly in the lower 70s.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.

Latest posts

Back