Modded Ms660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzz 880

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well i got my 660 back from WHS a few day's ago and i must say that i'm very impressed.Today was the frist day that i have used it cut alot of red oak hard maple and white pine and man does it sure rip i'm a big guy and i put all my weight on that thing all 24 inchs burried in a red oak and it wouldn't slow down a bit.Thanks Dean that's one heck of a saw.

now y did u have to go and say something like this!!!! my 066BB won't be getting to Dave Neiger until tom....... can't wait to get it back, then im gonna send off my 660.... glad u like the saw, u running an 8 or 7 tooth sprocket?

8 t and once you get the modded one back you won't use the stock one anymore.First oak about 22 inch cut it right off no hinge had to back off a little for the next one.

yea i cut like that pretty often some of the people don't like it. want me to always leave some wood holding-but don't want any pulled...yada yada yada. i figured once i get the 066 back i just as well send of the 660 if not i won't run it any more. u got the stage IIIT didn't u?

Ya stageIIIT man it sure cuts good put lots of wood down today mind you it's a little thirsty.And with three muffler ports it's like hanging on to my old cr125 in my hands but the noise is no big deal because when you tape the throttle it's all good.

Dean's work saws are legit. I have 2 saws with his stage 3T, an 084 and 066BB.

The 084 is a monster. I've milled with up to a 10 tooth 3/8" sprocket on a 72" bar and the saw had absolutely no problem pulling it. I stick with a 9 tooth now as the 10 produces too much chain speed.

The 066BB is one of Bailey's prototypes was somewhat of an experimental thing. Lots of high end power but lacking on the low. He's going to work it over some more to try to find the sweet spot of the BB.

I'm glad to see you liked your saw Buzz that was a fun one to put together. It's a good feeling when the owners say things like that about the saws WPS produces Thanks.

Back