modify stihl?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quackmaster

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
all the saws iv ever owned have been stock and purchased new by me. currently i have two o29s, an o64, and a 20t climbing saw. the o64 i the first used saw i have acquired. i haven't run it a whole lot maybe two gallons through it. then the coil fried up. (having a little trouble finding a new one).
when that 64 was running that baby really snorted. high compression like trying to pull start a dirt bike. how do i tell if it is mod. at all and if it is does it require special care. not that all my saws don't get special care. bought it at a auction so no way of contacting o owner.

all the saws iv ever owned have been stock and purchased new by me. currently i have two o29s, an o64, and a 20t climbing saw. the o64 i the first used saw i have acquired. i haven't run it a whole lot maybe two gallons through it. then the coil fried up. (having a little trouble finding a new one).
when that 64 was running that baby really snorted. high compression like trying to pull start a dirt bike. how do i tell if it is mod. at all and if it is does it require special care. not that all my saws don't get special care. bought it at a auction so no way of contacting o owner.

You can use a coil from a 024/026/028/029/034/036/038/039/044/048 or MS240/260/290/310/340/360/380/381/390/440/640. In that 064. User Fish on here has NOS ones at a very reasonable price. Hope this helps :cheers:

Latest posts

Back