morbark m14r or bandit 1390xp? tier 4 chipper prices

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bck

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with a Morbark m14r and a bandit 1390xp and which one is "better." Also, does any one know how the price of chippers will be affected when the new tier 4 motors are required?

I demo ed a 2012 morbark 14 last year. It was a awsome machine. From what josh at deacon equipment has told me, the new model 14 chippers with the tier 4 engine will be $22,000 more then what they are for the tier 3. So they should be around the mid $60,000 for a machine with a winch.

I heard around 10K more for the tier 4.

Just depends on size 10k would be average for probably under 200hp. That's why we did new stumpers and chippers. We would normally wait a few more years but with a tier 4 280 hitting 80-90k its ridiculous.

say it ain't so

It's for sure! They keep adding crap to these motors driving the cost of manufacturing, engineering, also the warranty work because they are not nearly as reliable as there older counter parts.

Thanks California for stomping on the little man!

Just depends on size 10k would be average for probably under 200hp. That's why we did new stumpers and chippers. We would normally wait a few more years but with a tier 4 280 hitting 80-90k its ridiculous.

I would have thought that a tier 3 280 would be around there anyway. I mean I was quoted 60K for a tier 3 1590, I would have assumed that an 1890 would 80 - 90. It seems like a few years ago a friend of mine was given a price of almost 90 on a Morbark 2400.

We don't chip large material in our operation so we we don't need big chippers. I sold our old tired model 13 and our two gas altecs and bought two new bandit 1690 chippers. Both have 84.5 perkins tier 3. Sales guy told me that was some of the last of them and the new 1690's with tier 4 would be $8000.00 higher. We also just bought new swinger 1K loader. Got the LAST tier 3 engine in the house. They wouldn't give us the old tier 3 pricing but knocked off $4,000.00 and told me the 1K with tier 4 will be $6,000 higher than that.

I would have thought that a tier 3 280 would be around there anyway. I mean I was quoted 60K for a tier 3 1590, I would have assumed that an 1890 would 80 - 90. It seems like a few years ago a friend of mine was given a price of almost 90 on a Morbark 2400.

The morbarks are more exspensive for sure. The two manufactures go two different routes tho. Bandit keeps trying to make more compact high compacity machines. Morbark builds them heavy thier 18" 2400 doesnt take to many options to get it to 10k in weight or more. They build a super durable machine the only problem we have with them is actually when feeding smaller material. But hopefully they figured that problem out ours is an 06-07.

I attached my quote from the last chipper we got ended up getting a couple more thousand off. The 1890 was even more, we bought 2 stump grinders and 2 chippers within a month or two so they hooked us up a little bit. on an older 250xp they gave me around 22 on trade twards the 1990.

View attachment 279167

Latest posts

Back