More Winter Weekend Logging

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clutch25

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
This weekend I had to get back and take down a hanger that I left from two weeks ago before it hurt someone/something.

2-15-09008.jpg

Since then we have had a good melt, then another 4-6 inches of snow. It seemed to all have landed were I needed to walk! I got it all down and bucked up and by then my little helper was cold. Being as the rounds were smaller, the sled loads were MUCH heavier! By the time I drug it all out I was BEAT.

Long walk!!!
3-1-09012.jpg

So I could barely crawl into the driver seat...back up and got STUCK!
3-1-09017.jpg

3-1-09019.jpg

3-1-09018.jpg

Called my mom (again) to come and pull me out with my other truck (she lives about 2 miles away).

Rev 2

So...this morning, I was going to cut in a slough by my mom's house. Snowmobile was about frozen solid as it hadn't been run in two weeks. I opened the hood and let the sun warm it up and did it the old fashioned way with snowshoes.

3-1-09029.jpg

3-1-09030.jpg

3-1-09033.jpg

3-1-09034.jpg

3-1-09035.jpg

My helpers after I got the sled started...

3-1-09037.jpg

Just doesn't get any better than that! Snow can slow ya down, but it won't stop you.

Have fun cutting, and enjoy the little ones while they are little!

Great pics! I especially like the 'called mom' part, gotta love Moms'!

Love the slide show, got more?

Tons!

I didn't get started on cutting wood this year until right before the snow started. When I was a kid we heated with wood and I HATED going with my dad to cut. Now I can't get enough! I plan on switching my garage over to wood heat for next year as it should be MUCH warmer and pay off in 3 years tops! Plus it gives me an excuse to buy some more cool stuff!

Pic of the sled loaded up...
3-1-09015.jpg

Were I was cutting.

3-1-09010.jpg

View on the walk in...looking south.
3-1-09007.jpg

Great pics! I especially like the 'called mom' part, gotta love Moms'!

Yep...helps that she has my other truck at her house! Gets more use at her place than it would at mine and it gets stored indoors. I just can't see parting with it! Had it since 1993 and put well over 100K on it myself!

2-15-09016.jpg

Wow what an awsome string of Pics

Clutch,

One of the best threads of pictures i have seen....almost like being there.

I will sec...uh, 5th the Great Pic's!:cheers:

Thanks for sharing, BTW when did you have time to cut?:dizzy:
Looked like fun and would appear that you get a fair amount of wind there?

Can't wait to get my own snow machine! Great aet up you have!
Keep 'em coming, love to see them pic's!:popcorn:

Boy if I had to work that hard getting a little wood, I'd go cold real quick! :D

nice pics brotha clutch, you gotta get some real tires for the toy though. lol

Yep...I HATE those michee's...they are about used up. I have a set of BFG AT's sitting in the shed ready to go. They are about 1/2 used and 7-9 years old so I hope they aren't too bad. I plan on maybe sipping them before I put them on to soften them up a little. I got them for free so I should be out nothing if they turn out to be junk.

"Thanks for sharing, BTW when did you have time to cut?
Looked like fun and would appear that you get a fair amount of wind there?"

I don't get much time...and I don't get much done! Once the snow is gone this spring though, it will go much faster. I need to try and clean out that slough this weekend as once the snow/ice melts, there is no access.

YES...we get ALOT of wind here in the Red River Valley...one of the windiest places in the nation. In the MN lakes country it isn't as bad but we have had some pretty good wind events this year.

Last edited:
Boy if I had to work that hard getting a little wood, I'd go cold real quick! :D

I thought the same thing.
I was #####ing on sunday that because of the mud I could only park my 2WD truck 10 feet from the cut and carry the wood over to the truck

great pics , where are the mountains ?
MD

I thought the same thing.
I was #####ing on sunday that because of the mud I could only park my 2WD truck 10 feet from the cut and carry the wood over to the truck

great pics , where are the mountains ?
MD

No mountains...

The RRV is an area bording ND and MN that extends into Canada...only about 500ft lower than anyplace else around.

Back