Most Annoying Idiots Selling Chainsaw Stuff On Ebay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, he shipped me the wrong crankcase. I talked to him on the phone and he said that he had the correct one and that he would ship it to me when he got the wrong one back. Well, he never shipped it which makes him a liar. So, I told him he should refund my $15 return shipping since none of this was my fault and he said he did not refund shipping for his own mistake. Which makes him a thief.
I guess he might be a last resort if you can't find it from one of the scrupulous sellers on eBay.

Why hasn't anybody said anything about the annoying buyers on ebay, you know, the ones who don't read the listing completely then want you to change your price, shipping or other stuff after they already bought the saw? Also some buyers don't know anything about chainsaws then email you and tell you the saw wouldn't start when you know it will, etc.
Oh that happens too I am not disputing that at all and that is why I do not sell anything on e-bay, craigslist, or any of those sites.
If I sell something it is on a forum I am a registered member on which 99% of the time that is on my site, then here at my home, or at a meet face to face where I can see said product tested in-front of me where I can answer any questions.
I don't sell much but when I do you can guarantee it is exactly as described and in top notch condition. I have never tried to sell a item with any issue or problem and if I did there would be full disclosure on said item and if that item did not sell then I would give it away or just throw it away if it was in my way.

Why hasn't anybody said anything about the annoying buyers on ebay, you know, the ones who don't read the listing completely then want you to change your price, shipping or other stuff after they already bought the saw? Also some buyers don't know anything about chainsaws then email you and tell you the saw wouldn't start when you know it will, etc.

Not many are going to post about the crappy buyers. It may be because they are one of them. There are tons of people in the world that want "something for nothing" or try to strong arm the potential seller into giving them what they have not paid for. Many DO NOT read the listing in its entirety, nor the details of shipping and other information that is pertinent to the sale. The list goes on and on....

Not many are going to post about the crappy buyers. It may be because they are one of them. There are tons of people in the world that want "something for nothing" or try to strong arm the potential seller into giving them what they have not paid for. Many DO NOT read the listing in its entirety, nor the details of shipping and other information that is pertinent to the sale. The list goes on and on....
The buyers sometimes don't read all the listing, they apparently don't look at the details either, you are correct. With the stuff I've sold they are common items and if they don't like the details on my ad there are other sellers selling the same product, they should go elsewhere rather than arguing with me after the sale about some detail that is clearly printed in the ad. That being said, that is a rare occasion rather than an everyday thing and I'm grateful for that..

I don't know much about eBay, but the Trading Post here seems to have become rife with persons seeking maximum dollars for minimum (read as junk) product. I suspect it is spillover from the Facebook chainsaw pages.

The ignore button took care of one of them...

I don't know much about eBay, but the Trading Post here seems to have become rife with persons seeking maximum dollars for minimum (read as junk) product. I suspect it is spillover from the Facebook chainsaw pages.

I'm purdy sure you're mistaken there Sir Jon, that is most certainly the joke forum you speak of ?:innocent:

What I love most about ebay is the sellers who steal "your" photos..

This is my MS 441C-M the day I brought it home.

A year later and someone has it posted on eBay? (I sold that 441, but I still owned it when I seen this. I sent a message to the seller and never got a reply)

Here is my 460 on that same table tonight..

How can you sell a saw? But post a pic of someone else's? ?

2014-11-06-09-53-30.png 1423622799187.jpg

Attachments

• 2014-11-06-09-53-30.png
    2014-11-06-09-53-30.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 10

A year later and someone has it posted on eBay? (I sold that 441, but I still owned it when I seen this. I sent a message to the seller and never got a reply)

View attachment 402587 View attachment 402588
For a while last year, there was some jackass on Craigslist offering a Stihl MS880 new in the box for $500.00 (from Long Island, NY) supposedly.
No contact but email via CL, and the response I got back was it was already sold, but WAIT! I have more! Come on down to my dealership in LI! ... and buy one for $1800.00

Then I saw the same fcking photo on eBay ... only it was the price an MS880 should be ... so I sent the moron a message and reminded him of his shenanigans on Craigslist ... which he denied, but then I sent him another message saying what a coincidence that the poser on CL sent me a link to the same place in LI that your ebay info provides! ... he blocked me.

So I went back to the email he sent me from my CL inquiry and sent him an email stating if I see the ad on CL again, besides reporting it to CL, I'll send copies I've archived as screenshots to Stihl corporate.

Haven't seen it since then.

Report that add immediately I would if I was you and if I would have happened upon the add that nyctreeman posted I would have reported it, actually I might just run over and report it now. LOL

Sometimes the buyers DO read the ad and look at the very poor pictures. Sometimes the seller "forgets" to disclose that the saw was badly scored, and the piston sanded down leaving the top end as loose as a truck-stop mistress. Sometimes the buyer catches the seller in this act, and would rather have their $ back than deal with another project saw.

Sometimes the buyers DO read the ad and look at the very poor pictures. Sometimes the seller "forgets" to disclose that the saw was badly scored, and the piston sanded down leaving the top end as loose as a truck-stop mistress. Sometimes the buyer catches the seller in this act, and would rather have their $ back than deal with another project saw.

I wish Paul Harvey was still alive, so I could know, "the rest of the story". ;)

Funny you said that, there are many adds in there I could not believe the saws pictured were even posted in their condition with knock off rebuild parts putting them back together let alone the prices on them.

Latest posts

Back