Most Annoying Idiots Selling Chainsaw Stuff On Ebay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I messaged a guy asking him why he's had the same Makita 7301 listed for $1200 for several months. He replied, "... that's what it's worth. " :dumb:

I guess all it takes is one stupid person to hit "Buy It Now"
In some cases it may be a mistake or perhaps some hacking being done. Huztl used to sell some really cheap parts on ebay and one day I looked and the parts they were selling for around $10 went to over $1000 so I think something was amiss..

I asked a guy why his 362 R c-m was 949.00 and his reply was :

Ok do they have stiffer Springs a triple port muffler no limit coil and a third Gen hd air filter? This is a special version I just hadn't had time to include that. I appreciate your message as I often correct people who make mistakes it could have easily been that I made a mistake that could have caused me a lot of money and I truly thank you

Guess who then pays the ebay and paypal fees!

I think I figured this out.
A friend points out that you lose your top seller status if you don't complete X amount of sales in $$ during each review period.
And the ebay fees would be a small price to pay if that's important to you, and the PayPal fees wouldn't be charged if the "buyer" sent you the money by mail and you simply "mark it as paid"

What else could it be?

I think I figured this out.
A friend points out that you lose your top seller status if you don't complete X amount of sales in $$ during each review period.
And the ebay fees would be a small price to pay if that's important to you, and the PayPal fees wouldn't be charged if the "buyer" sent you the money by mail and you simply "mark it as paid"

What else could it be?
Don't know. I never was good at figuring out that kinda stuff. Guess that's why I always did manual labor...

As I understand it, that guy is perfectly OK to buy specific parts from - just don't take any advice from him, or buy any of the saws (or saw setups) he offers! ;):lol:

I bought a couple chains from him as he had good prices on Stihl .404 chain. No problems. I too think it is hilarious to see him claiming hotsaw status to a dead-stock saw.

Sorry to derail guys,I only read "most annoying idiots" and got mad cuz I thought someone was talking about me.:wtf:

I agree, ebay has become an idiot magnet, and while still useful it has become a circus.

You have to be sharp to separate the real stuff from the garbage, and the honest from the shady. Jmo

I just looked up some parts for my saw on a few other sites besides ebay and I think they may be crazier than ebay. Shipping of 10 dollars for a part a little bigger than a paper clip and the part was twice as high as it would be if it was on ebay.

Ebay is a good place to buy used shoes.

Yep and most anything in the saw realm as well. The selling tactics, search-draw techniques may be against Ebay policy but they don't police it strictly as one may imagine. If they did they might go broke. Their profit depends on the traffic, so they enforce the rules as they please. Just my observation.

eBay doesn't enforce their policies as far as key word spamming etc. one day I got fed up with these butt trumpets listing every stihl saw under the sun in their listing title so I started reporting them. I must have reported a dozen . The ads stayed active until the auction ended and nothing in the ad was modified. eBay doesn't give a hoot. They just want the traffic and the $$$ associated with it

Well of course....the more money that passes through their site, the more money they make. Why should they care if it's at the deceit of you and I? Buyer beware!

Why hasn't anybody said anything about the annoying buyers on ebay, you know, the ones who don't read the listing completely then want you to change your price, shipping or other stuff after they already bought the saw? Also some buyers don't know anything about chainsaws then email you and tell you the saw wouldn't start when you know it will, etc.

Biggest goofball on there is cutomchainsawparts or whatever he is calling himself today. And, I will feel that way until he pays me the $15 he owes me.
That bunch uses feedback blackmail as well, if they do you right and you the customer leaves them positive feedback they will do the same for you, but if you have a bad transaction with them leave them neutral or negative feedback they deserve then they try to flip it on the customer leaving the customer who paid immediately after the auction or buy it now.

I bought a couple manuals (441 IPL and Service Manual) from this guy last week. He did ok by me. Even combined shipping and refunded the extra when I sent him an email. I bought on Friday and received on Monday. Guess I got lucky with him.
I bought from them before reading more about them and my transaction was flawless and they did the same with the shipping for me, however I do not like their business practices and will not spend another dime with them.

I use e-bay for a rough price estimate for OEM parts before calling up and ordering from my dealer and if I find some butt munch with a add listing Stihl or any other OEM parts in their title and after reading their add said parts are not OEM I report them immediately and thus far all of the adds I have reported were removed with the longest one being left on display for roughly 4 hrs.

Back