Most Annoying Idiots Selling Chainsaw Stuff On Ebay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nyctreeman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Am I allowed to say 'd-bags' here?
This is my list which is subject to additions, please by all means, add your own.

1 - Morons who have a used OEM cylinder and or piston stated to be in good condition, every photograph is so blurred you couldn't analyze it with a NASA computer enhanced image.
One such d-bag has what looks like it might be a good used set, oddly enough he managed to get the photo of the cylinder exterior clear, but somehow he just can't seem to get the images of the interior clear, funny that :nofunny: So now I have do something I hate doing, sending the moron a message asking for better photos. He replies - "my camera won't focus on the inside of the cylinder, sorry."
*sigh*
Why post any photos at all in that case?

2 - These loathsome creatures who INSIST on putting every model number that will fit in the title of their chainsaw listing - ie: d-bag is selling a Stihl 046, but he wants to get everyone who is searching for ANY Stihl to look at his listing ... because of course HIS listing is so forking unique and special as opposed to any other listing in the history of listings ... "STIHL 046 Magnum!!! 460 440 044 066 660 441 064!!!"
And the ones that really should be hunted down and publicly flogged, are the ones who are trying to sell some pile of crap brand chainsaw and they put "Similar to STIHL MS whatever" in the title.
NO! Moron! It is NOT similar to Stihl!

3 - Cretins who are selling aftermarket parts but insist on listing it as OEM, in the brand portion of the search engine. So if you try to filter by brand, your search still has hundreds of aftermarket items you're not interested in.

Can I get an AMEN here?

AMEN

use OEM in your main search
if someone misrepresents an item that is fraud in my book
it is the sellers responsibility to let buyers know what they are looking at
a buyers responsibility is to read the entire listing and to pay, period
DDave

Just report them E-Bay will remove their listings, and will not let them just "relist" the auction, with doing the changes that violate e-bay policy.
Meh ... I know, but there's so many of them and I can't be bothered reporting listings all the time.
I have reported a few very egregious listings in the past, but guess what? ebay doesn't seem to care unless they're selling counterfeit merchandise or banned items.

One thing I'd love to see them do is break up the chainsaw and equipment listings the same way they do on ebay motors listings.
If you're only looking for a complete unit, you can select that category.

Meh ... I know, but there's so many of them and I can't be bothered reporting listings all the time.
I have reported a few very egregious listings in the past, but guess what? ebay doesn't seem to care unless they're selling counterfeit merchandise or banned items.

One thing I'd love to see them do is break up the chainsaw and equipment listings the same way they do on ebay motors listings.
They will, only if those posts are reported, otherwise, they have other fish to fry.....

AMEN

use OEM in your main search
if someone misrepresents an item that is fraud in my book
it is the sellers responsibility to let buyers know what they are looking at
a buyers responsibility is to read the entire listing and to pay, period
DDave
Trouble with that is, a lot of people selling genuine brand items don't use "OEM" in their titles.
There are two different search algorithms in that regard ... there's the key word in the title and then there's the brand selection in the ebay formatted preliminary description box.

PS: another thing they do is put "OEM quality" in the title.

Not to long ago tard posted a ms460 and cut and pasted the description from STIHL for a 460 rescue and had terrible photos . You could hardly tell it wasn't a rescue saw . The description talked about the special carbide chain . And int the title it was PHO . I sent a message telling him his listing was extremely misleading . He told me that he has the right to list it any way to get the most for the saw . If I where to buy this saw based on the description I would have been pissed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you don't get what is described, Ebay will always side with you on a full refund with shipping both ways unless you modify the item

using "OEM Quality" is a dirty trick - I did see an OEM aftermarket piston recently but didn't realize this nonsense was widespread.

the brand selection is supposed to designate the product that the items fits, so if it is a part for a Stihl MS360, then it should say Stihl, nobody searches for Mako or Tecomec, I talked with Ebay directly about this
there should be an aftermarket or OEM designator somewhere, as Ebay wants customers to see anything they "might" buy, but it would be nice to be able to specify when searching
Dave

At some point ebay did not want you to have several models in the title . They wanted more listings . I'm not sure what their rules are on the now

They sell underwear at my local Salvation Army thrift store . I almost threwup .
They also have a section for woman's sexy night garments.... Like really ???
Now woolrich flannels for 1$ I don't mind those .

Crap now my feet itch thinking about this !!! I'm going to take a shower!!!!! [emoji34][emoji34][emoji34][emoji34]

tell yah what. ever since the original owners, sold ebay,,its went straight down the tubes...

Latest posts

Back