Most Annoying Idiots Selling Chainsaw Stuff On Ebay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes I just think eBay us one hopeless place.
I saw one new Husky 262 oem jug with piston, the picture didnt made sence.
So I asked him if he was sure, because it looked more like a 254 jug or similuary.
He said the picture is not correct, its defently a 262 jug.

I won the auction, was very happy caz I have several 262's that need a jug
Today I got it in the post, and it is a 281 jug, 503 50 29 01, even marked 281 on the box. Thing is, I dont have a 281

Sometimes I just think eBay us one hopeless place.
I saw one new Husky 262 oem jug with piston, the picture didnt made sence.
So I asked him if he was sure, because it looked more like a 254 jug or similuary.
He said the picture is not correct, its defently a 262 jug.

I won the auction, was very happy caz I have several 262's that need a jug
Today I got it in the post, and it is a 281 jug, 503 50 29 01, even marked 281 on the box. Thing is, I dont have a 281
Perhaps not coincidentally ... :innocent:... the dumbest people on eBay seem to be in the chainsaw and chainsaw parts section

:yes:

Perhaps we are just dumb.....
For a while ago I bought one new 242 oem jug from a guy who sell shoes. I didnt need the jug, just to have a spare.

I am waiting for the guy respons when it comes to the 262 jug

A running stihl 066 magnum and a parts saw came up for $200 on our version of ebay. I hit buy now when I saw it on my phone, got home and saw it was his first sale. I usually avoid stuff from people with no history on the site so I googled his name and there was a couple of news stories about the guy. First one he drunkenly tried to siphon gas out of a diesel tank and realised it was diesel , left the tap on and split 500 litres of diesel on the road. He got pulled over by the cops and failed a breathalyzer test so he asked them to get his cellphone out of the glovebox and the they found his bong in there with his phone. Second time around was for selling stolen jet boat parts. I texted the guy and said I'd pass on the gear, I reckon at that price and with his history it had to be stolen .

I get miffed with the CL asses listing every motorcycle ever built on every ad. I started searching titles only, that fixed most of it.

As long as the description of the part matches the part, if they put the OEM number as a crossreference, I don't see a problem with it, as long as it's not claimed to BE OEM

NO! Moron! It is NOT similar to Stihl!
Maybe it is? *hides*

Heck here is a Stihl part add I stumbled onto today, 4.5X the dealer price and 2.5x the cost of the entire package with all parts. I looked for gold plating the inside of this clutch cover, but I be darn if I can find it.
Stihl new OEM MS361, MS362, MS441 west coast clutch cover large
That guy is a member here. There is a reason he jacks the price so nobody will buy it, something about the amount sold in the listing going back to zero if he runs out or .......?

Its not a scam, maybe he will see this and explain

I won the bid on a decent looking 390xp. I paid for it right away then three days went by with no shipping info. I messaged him and asked nicely if he could add a shipping # when he ships it. He messaged back saying he would ship it the next day. Then I get a full refund and he says that his buddy used it withpout him knowing and a tree fell on it smashing the saw. I told him I fix saws and we could make a deal broken or not. His response was he's not selling me a broken saw. Sounds to me he had achange of heart and didn't really want to sell it or his buddy bought it. :angry:

I won the bid on a decent looking 390xp. I paid for it right away then three days went by with no shipping info. I messaged him and asked nicely if he could add a shipping # when he ships it. He messaged back saying he would ship it the next day. Then I get a full refund and he says that his buddy used it withpout him knowing and a tree fell on it smashing the saw. I told him I fix saws and we could make a deal broken or not. His response was he's not selling me a broken saw. Sounds to me he had achange of heart and didn't really want to sell it or his buddy bought it. :angry:
Blah blah. Sounds like he didn't like the price. I'd neg him, & watch for it to re-list.

I buy stuff on eBay several times per week. It is what it is. For those of you convinced it's nothing but bad deals, just remove the site from your favorites and don't go on it. I sell very occasionally on eBay and frequently on CL. Very occasionally in the Trading Post here. One just needs to be able to sort through the info to get down to the nitty gritty. For buyers, eBay has better protection than on this site but I think the chances of getting an item "as described" is better here. One can still get stung though. There's no better way to buy a chainsaw than making a face to face deal and being able to look the saw over on the bench or tailgate before cash trades hands. The thing I remind people from time to time is that while no one likes to get a raw deal, we're talking pretty small potatoes in the amount of dollar outlay. A bad vehicle or home purchase can result in the loss of thousands or even tens of thousands so if someone gets a chainsaw that's worth $50 less than they paid, it doesn't need to be a life changing experience. Quite a few years ago I bought a 1978 F250 Supercab 4x4 on eBay and I never have had it be roadworthy to this day. I've got close to 5K in it thus far and it needs an engine overhaul. That hurt. The scored Wild Thing a guy ripped me off on cost me $20. (still ticked though!) lol

Hey! I know this post hasn't been opened up in a while, but I can tell you guys really know what you are talking about and I want to learn, I also just dont want to be another "d-bag". I am 21 years old pursuing a Mechanical Engineering Degree at MSU Bozeman. Part time I am working with a man who owns a small Stihl Dealership in Belgrade Montana, but he has a hard time getting rid of old saws that don't run because of how busy he is servicing working ones. I have an Ebay store and I am listing a bunch of Chainsaw Parts, basically as fast as I can, I'll send you a few pictures of listings and any tips or criticisms you have will be taken into consideration, plus realistically, I could be selling parts to a lot of you guys here.

Latest posts

Back