Ms 280

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got one without IEM. Good saw for the money. Handles like a little saw, but has pretty good power.

I've since ported mine, but they are pretty good when stock.

It works very very well... feels almost weird at first ,but it realy does hold the saw at peak perfomance no matter what (within reason) fuel, air filter, bar length or other conditions are in play.

Expect it on the 441 and others in the not to distant future (maybe next year?)... at least for California...

I haven't tired this yet, but I think it will adapt to muffler mods, maybe more.

Husky has the 575 Autotune ... (similar technology). Stihl has the 441 in test...

Yes, looks like it is a part of the future - one Husky "test pilot" I know like it so much that he are playing with the thought of fitting it to a 372xp......:greenchainsaw:

We don't get to see stuff much before it comes out. I ask the sales rep about next generation saws and he just says "you see it right after I see it".

Last edited:
From reading about the few that have them, they are pleased with it's performance.....

wrong answer!

i would go as far as to say its one on the most hated modern day saws by owners on this forum. wildthangs excluded.

I have only run about one tank through it and it runs great. The system works very seamlessly, you can't tell it is constantly tuning the H side of the carb for best running. I put a tach on it and at WOT with no bar and chain the engine will run about 14400 for a few seconds, then 13900, then 14200, then 14000. About every 4 or 5 seconds if the RPM and load remain steady then it makes a very slight mixture change and sees what happens, and then leans or richens accordingly.

wrong answer!

i would go as far as to say its one on the most hated modern day saws by owners on this forum. wildthangs excluded.

Just read the quote by me and you will be refreshed :censored:

This is for you WANABE, I hope you know what it means..........LOL
attachment.php

Back