MS-361 Chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineeredlawns

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I had been looking to buy a Dolmar 7300 or 7900, but no good dealers near me and Amick's was closed when I stopped by the week of July 4th. I had also looked at the MS-441 and MS-460, but was having a hard time departing over $800. Anyway yesterday I went to buy a Stihl blower from a retire guy and he also was selling a MS-361. He had not run a tank thru either machine. Got both for $800. Anyway, the 361 bar has stamped on it 3/8 pitch, 20"Length, .5 gauge and drive links 72. This appears to be the same as my rancher 455. Is it the same size? I run the Woodland Pro 30RC chain on the 455. Some friends that know saws said that I stole the saw and blower for the guy, that they have not even been broken in yet. Thanks

Stole them?????????? not sure....new 361's seem to go for $500-600 OTD. i don't know which blower you got, but Stihl's top-of-the-line 600 is about $500 OTD. depending on where you live, you might have saved a couple hundred bucks....nice saw, BTW!!!

I had been looking to buy a Dolmar 7300 or 7900, but no good dealers near me and Amick's was closed when I stopped by the week of July 4th. I had also looked at the MS-441 and MS-460, but was having a hard time departing over $800. Anyway yesterday I went to buy a Stihl blower from a retire guy and he also was selling a MS-361. He had not run a tank thru either machine. Got both for $800. Anyway, the 361 bar has stamped on it 3/8 pitch, 20"Length, .5 gauge and drive links 72. This appears to be the same as my rancher 455. Is it the same size? I run the Woodland Pro 30RC chain on the 455. Some friends that know saws said that I stole the saw and blower for the guy, that they have not even been broken in yet. Thanks

Your husky takes 0.058 (stock bar) and the stihl is 0.050. They are not compatible. I have coverted a 455 to use the stihl chain by getting an oregon bar. The Stihl chain is superior to any other chain on the market in my opinion. It is more expensive but sure is worth it for me.

Your husky takes 0.058 (stock bar) and the stihl is 0.050. They are not compatible. ...

Most often - yes, but the Huskys come with .050 in some areas, so it needs to be checked - info is on the bar.

30RC is .050 gauge, so this is probably one of those cases, or that chain is a misfit on the Husky.......

The .058 version is the 38RC.

Last edited:
Most often - yes, but the Huskys come with .050 in some areas, so it needs to be checked - info is on the bar.

30RC is .050 gauge, so this is probably one of those cases, or that chain is a misfit on the Husky.......

The .058 version is the 38RC.

The Husky is a .050 the same as the Stihl. I just did not think the 2 where interchangible but it looks like I got lucky.

Both bars are 20" lenght and .050 gauge and 3/8 and 72 links. I don't know that much about Stihl saws and have never owned one, but know I do. Glad to know that the loops will fit either saw. Makes it easier on me.:chainsaw:

It adds up for 16" also, but not for 18" (66 vs. 68dl).

Talking strictly about relatively new bars here, from Stihl and Husky - but at least Oregon seem to follow up, for their aftermarket bars.

It is a bit more complicated in .325.........:censored:

Back