MS 400 Costing me money!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aarontriton

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Every time I visit this forum it cost me$. I have been checking this forum out for many years . I often check in in the fall and did so a few weeks ago saw a MS 400 I have been thinking it's time to replace my 2004 361. So checking around to several local Stihl dealers and the dealer that sold me my 361 got in a 400 yesterday well it's mine now.
5f44047b6c075c070f0fba9fd73271f5.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Other than this site helping gaining massif amount of knowledge and know how... yes it is costing me more money too. My one saw plan since flew out the door. Went up to 5 now back to 3. I'm am so thinking of selling a MS361 I rebuilt recently and move those funds to a MS400 C-M. It is a nice problem to have ;)

You're welcome. [emoji16]

A 2004? Yeah, you were ready for a new saw.
Yup lol it owes me nothing cutting for 2 households that heat 90% with wood in Michigan. I do have a o26 Stihl and a Dolmar 7900 but most of the time I grabbed the 361

I just picked up an MS400 with 25” light bar, running full comp chain. Seemed a little boggy and unimpressive to me first cuts in 24” Doug Fir compared to my 362 20”. You guys running a full house or skip with this saw and 25” bar? I realize it’s got a ways to break in but thought I’d ask. Mostly cutting 15-25” Doug Fir here in WYO. Thanks. Also, where can I get a full wrap for this thing?

I just picked up an MS400 with 25” light bar, running full comp chain. Seemed a little boggy and unimpressive to me first cuts in 24” Doug Fir compared to my 362 20”. You guys running a full house or skip with this saw and 25” bar? I realize it’s got a ways to break in but thought I’d ask. Mostly cutting 15-25” Doug Fir here in WYO. Thanks. Also, where can I get a full wrap for this thing?
Welcome to the forum. Where at in Wyo.

I have 6 tanks in mine so far I am impressed I am running 20inch bar in black locust it is impressive saw only getting better. I plan on buying 25 inch bar this week. It blows my 361 away and feels as strong as my Dolmar 7900 only way lighter.
919fcac7f3f17883bcdeeab9667fc3c0.jpg

I have 6 tanks in mine so far I am impressed I am running 20inch bar in black locust it is impressive saw only getting better. I plan on buying 25 inch bar this week. It blows my 361 away and feels as strong as my Dolmar 7900 only way lighter.

Now that is a statement. As strong as an 80cc chainsaw.

MS 400 vs 7900
66.8cc vs 78.5cc
5.4 bhp vs 6.3hp
I am quite aware of the cc and hp difference of the saws I own . I guess maybe what I am feeling when running them side by side is the 400 seems to rev better and I have never felt like the 7900 felt good ergonomically in my hands I always preferred my 361 and the 400 feels like a 361 on steroids..

Latest posts

Back