MS 460 Magnum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

441_Stihl

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I am selling my 441,I have searched and read posts about the 460.I have decided what i'm going with.I checked on a 660 but best price could get was
1029.00.I can get the 460 for 829.00,I know i can upgrade the 460 better tham my 441,I can get the Dual Port Cover for it,I went today and handled the 460 with a 25 bar.It handled better than my 441.So does anyone else
have any feedback on the 460 Thank you all

thank you olddirty searched post here last 2 days 95% positive talk on the 460

You've been jumping around from saw to saw like a kangaroo. Get the 460. It has +10% power over your 441 without a weight penalty.

They're great saws and easy to get parts for.

thanks dave its what i have decided on Plus it wont be a epa saw and get Mufflers and such for it.My 441 cut great i just wanted something non epa
while could still get

You've been jumping around from saw to saw like a kangaroo. Get the 460. It has +10% power over your 441 without a weight penalty.

They're great saws and easy to get parts for.

also with that DP muffler you'll see bigger gains than a stock muffler, especially if you open her up a bit. IE widen out the exhaust hole and remove the inner cage (you'll see it when you remove the DP cover). you can take the spark arrestor's out too just make sure you richen it up a bit.

maybe you want to have some run time on the saw before you do all this first though, just to break it in a little. personally i just put the saw to work and fiddle as she breaks in (usually by tank 5 i am all over it). again thats something you'll notice tank to tank as you go. others do the mods first and then work the saw. its up to you though as its your money/tool.

get this saw and you'll have "wood" everytime you use it.

Luuuuuv my MS460 :clap:

If I could only have one saw it would be....... aww who am I kidding I could never have just one saw. :laugh:

Okay, if I could only have two saws one of them would be the MS460. :cheers:

It is my favorite saw. I usually run mine with a 20inch bar and a 8 tooth sprocket. I have a 25 to slap on it also. Whe I got mine it had a 36" on it. That was to much bar but it would get the job done just slow. I have been looking for another that needs work so I can put a big bore kit on it.

Scott

It doesn't get any better than a 440 or 460, both are built like a brick ****house, mod like a demon, parts everywhere, and it's a Stihl.:clap:

Why? I've heard nothing but good things about the 460s and the ones I've used are powerhouses. It's my next saw...

I was mostly messing with "441":) , but why I sold it, I will
give you two reason's...............440 and 064.

460 is a great saw.....but IMO 440 seems much lighter than it
really is compared to 460. IMO again 064 really don't seem much heavier
to me than 460 but allot more grunt. So my 460 was just sitting in the
shed. With 460 gone that puts me down to an 7 saw plan
MS200T, MS180, MS260, MS361, MS440, 064 & MS660 :)

Gary

So does anyone else
have any feedback on the 460

Stan, the MS460 is pretty good, but the 046 MAG is DA BOMB! You should be looking for a NOS 046 MAG for sure!

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back