MS 880 meets DCHotsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I say believe or not, but there is a guy in TN that really knows how to build chainsaws.

So what's the beef Brad?......You don't like my sweatpants?......What about my MM880?.....Hahahahahahaha!

On the bar tip, DC, you do that with just grinding or a mill or???

Mr. HE:cool:

Wasn't he on this forum briefly, maybe a couple/ three years ago?

He was here a few months back too.

His work is slick as any I've seen yet. I don't agree with his ideas on timing numbers in work saws though.

From what Ricky posted his numbers are what us "younger" guys call old school. I like a lower exhaust for torque. That's about it.....

Furry muff. Torque is where its at, Revs are all well and good, but if you cant hang on to them in the cut - whats the point...

Furry muff. Torque is where its at, Revs are all well and good, but if you cant hang on to them in the cut - whats the point...

If the saw is chained just right the high exhaust will put some wood on the ground......but most guys just run round ground that's always duller than in was in the last cut. That's where more torque is a plus. :laugh:

Back