MS200T help me please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you here. When that accelerator pump circuit goes bad, the fuel mixture goes lean/rich at random, from idle to WOT. It causes the operator to chase the tune up and down, over and over, until they finally give up.

Sometimes you will get it tuned out, then after you run it for awhile, the thing goes lean at WOT. So you fatten it up and it runs good for awhile, then all of a sudden, it running rich again. That's why this problem drives guys nuts.

I will agree with you though, when the accelerator pump circuit is operating PROPERLY, it only effects idle/off-idle response.

Tony

Aha I used to have all of what you described but now it seems they fixed the problem.

it looks clean on the other side (with 4 screws)

welch plug comes to a point and is attached to the rocker with spring

there was some white plastic material attached to the gasket, it must be some locktight or some kind of glue used to hold on the gasket.

could this little bit of material have prevented the rocker from moving and caused this issue. I can't run the saw until later to respect people that are sleeping.

Should not be anything of that type in there. Did you pull the inlet valve and check for junk stuck in there?

Its a real pain in the butt to get started but when it does start it will stay running as long as I keep the throttle open.

When I started it today, it zipped up to full speed for a minute then it died.
Then back to laboring sound as it pulsated.

I held a branch up to the chain and it was able to cut it. So there is power. Not full power.

I have a C1Q-S61 Carburetor.

I did remove the Inlet needle 4116 121 5100 and the control lever to inspect, the needle looked new, and the hole below it had nothing stuck inside, I used carb cleaner and put it all back together.

Before I try to help the inlet needle (welch plug ?) seal by putting fingernail polish on the end, how do I inspect the impulse line ? I can't find the part number or the location of it on the schematic.

the acc pump only affects the saw at an idle
this is not the op's problem
sounds more like it's out of time
pull the flywheel and check the key
is the piston scored?
is your fuel fresh?
is it flooding?

I disagree it will severely effect acceleration to WOT, and sometimes won't even get to WOT.

The needle is not a welch plug - don't put anything on that. A welch plug is a small disc of metal that seals off an internal area of the carb when pressed in.

I don't have a carb to replace it with, I will go buy one if that will solve this issue. If I have a C1Q-S61 Carb, what should I replace it with ? And where can I buy it ?

I don't have a carb to replace it with, I will go buy one if that will solve this issue. If I have a C1Q-S61 Carb, what should I replace it with ? And where can I buy it ?

Before you buy one if you are able vac test the saw. Stihl carb 11291200653 is the newest replacement without the stupid acelerator pump. Stihl dealer can order it or may have one they are 90.00 dollars or so. Can you post a picture of the airbox are where the carb mounts?

This is an S126 carb. Welch plug is the oval shape at 12 O'clock.
attachment.php

Just buy a NEW freaking carb..

I hate worse than about anything...too much time and expensive to fix carb problems
(especially the small carbs..! - the 200T has to be in a league of it's own..soo many carb models)

Let the 'hate' replies start falling...it's JMHO..!!

Even me buying and installing a carb kit...for $$ ...I always suggest just buy a NEW carb....
:cheers:
J2F

Last edited:
Its a real pain in the butt to get started but when it does start it will stay running as long as I keep the throttle open.

When I started it today, it zipped up to full speed for a minute then it died.
Then back to laboring sound as it pulsated.

I held a branch up to the chain and it was able to cut it. So there is power. Not full power.

I have a C1Q-S61 Carburetor.

I did remove the Inlet needle 4116 121 5100 and the control lever to inspect, the needle looked new, and the hole below it had nothing stuck inside, I used carb cleaner and put it all back together.

Before I try to help the inlet needle (welch plug ?) seal by putting fingernail polish on the end, how do I inspect the impulse line ? I can't find the part number or the location of it on the schematic.

have you put a new carb kit in this thing yet?
does it floud out or go lean at idle?
have you opened the hi speed screw say 1/4 turn to see if that helps?
did you presure check the carb? should hold 10 psi or more
when was the last time the saw ran right?
need to get thing narrowed down a bit
put a carb kit in it first

No new carb kit.

It will not idle, the only way to start it is to put it into cold start until it turns over once then warm start. After that it will run until I take my finger off the throttle. When it dies it does so like there is no fuel.

I have adjusted the carb to try and work out the issue. I just get the same result at different rpm. Still acts like it is laboring and the tip of the bar will jump constantly, like I am goosing it.

I do not have the tools to pressure check the carb. The seals on the carb look new there are no cracks.

The previous time the chainsaw ran, I just fueled it up started it, warmed it up and shut it off. I was about to climb a tree, I started the saw to clear brush around the base of the tree, started perfectly (1 pull). Then when I pulled the throttle it died, it would not start. I took it back to the rig and pulled the spark plug, it was very wet. I dried it off. After about 2 or 3 min of trying to start it, it turned over running as I described.

I have checked the fuel filter in the tank, the fuel lines, new spark plug yesterday, the inlet needle looks new and is installed correctly, the welch plug is not loose, the impulse line is connected and in good condition. I have used carb cleaner on all ports on the carb, all the ports allowed flow.

I bought new gas and mix.

The chain is almost new, the bar is well used but the rollers are fine and move well with just my fingers, the chain brake is not on ..., the chain is not too tight, the air filter is clean.

This saw is about 5 or 6 years old, it is cleaned just about every time it is used. This is the first problem I have had with it.

It sounds like your saying the revs are jumping up and down quickly. You said like your goosing it? If so, doesn't really sound like a carb issue, usually most carb issues on 200T's, they fall flat on their face when you try to accelerate throttle.

Hey, I just wanted to let everyone know that has provided input and ideas on how to resolve this, Thank you ! I appreciate your help.

Latest posts

Back